GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 05-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #29
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
No problem....

The technician said that mine is the second one he has replaced. From looking at it, it's not easy to detect a problem. He found out when he tried to recharge the refrigerant and it leaked from that location.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #30
plac

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvturbo View Post
Here you go yea'alls. It's the clamp and lower hose in the red circle. The hose along with the clamp were replaced. NOTE: the pic was taken from the side so the hose is to the left of the throttle rubber coupling if you are standing in front of the car looking into the engine bay
trying to get an idea where exactly in the engine compartment this pic is from. suppose we should all check the area just to make sure.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #31
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

plac, that pic is taken from the passenger side. The upper hose with all those numbers is the throttle body coupler.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #32
plac

Drives:
Quote:
plac, that pic is taken from the passenger side. The upper hose with all those numbers is the throttle body coupler.
thanks dude, checking later today just in case.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #33
DBESTGTI
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 Stage 2 GTI
the bottom of the pic is the back of the alturnator
Old 07-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #34
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
I also had this problem on my car a few months ago. The service manager said he's seen the problem before as well.
2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #35
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: MKV GTI/MKVI GTI
I'm also checking this out later on. My A/C seems extremely weak as of late.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #36
plac

Drives:
think i got it. so its the 2 lines right next to each other. mine is good, no contact anywhere.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:25 AM   #37
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

You got it, plac. I guess the original clamp was installed incorrectly with the "pinch" portion against the other AC line. So far so good.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #38
BOBSGEN6
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2010 Candy White VW GTI
Quote:
Here you go yea'alls. It's the clamp and lower hose in the red circle. The hose along with the clamp were replaced. NOTE: the pic was taken from the side so the hose is to the left of the throttle rubber coupling if you are standing in front of the car looking into the engine bay

Two thumbs up to KEFFER VW!!!!

And here's the description written (WITH PART NUMBERS) by the service consultant:
Your a/c is only getting down to 46 degrees with an ambient temp of 75? That's still weak, you should be getting down to about 41-42 max cold. I live in Austin and checked mine with vent gauge, it gets down to 41 F with an ambient of 98 F. You're going to be sweating if it gets into the 90's where you live.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:44 AM   #39
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBSGEN6 View Post
Your a/c is only getting down to 46 degrees with an ambient temp of 75? That's still weak, you should be getting down to about 41-42 max cold. I live in Austin and checked mine with vent gauge, it gets down to 41 F with an ambient of 98 F. You're going to be sweating if it gets into the 90's where you live.
Austin, TX - dry heat

Charlotte, NC - HUMIDITY

That's the BIG difference. It works perfectly fine even if it doesn't get down to 41/42 degrees.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #40
austai
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Austin, TX - dry heat

Charlotte, NC - HUMIDITY

That's the BIG difference. It works perfectly fine even if it doesn't get down to 41/42 degrees.
Hah. You must have never to Austin, I see. It's pretty humid here. Maybe not as bad as Charlotte, but it's not the desert. Just sayin'.
austai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #41
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
Quote:
Originally Posted by austai View Post
Hah. You must have never to Austin, I see. It's pretty humid here. Maybe not as bad as Charlotte, but it's not the desert. Just sayin'.
I heard ya'll still ride horses...
2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #42
BOBSGEN6
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2010 Candy White VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by realcyberbob View Post
I heard ya'll still ride horses...
Yeah, 207 of 'em.