GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Cooling - Hood Extractor

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Ordered mine last night! Seems well worth the money.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Modshack - Why have you not told us about this earlier? Willing to try this since I think it would help with my intake since it's open element (P-Flo).

It's been covered before in various related threads.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
If any Toronto area people are interested, pm me and we can order from modshack together to save on shipping :)

rs999

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, removing that strip drops the engine compartment temps substantially, I think around 15F if I remember correctly. The only possible downside is that it increases perceived engine noise by a surprising amount as well.

How much noise? Soundaktor levels?

Are there any other downsides to this mod?

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Oops, guess I missed it. I'll PM you later to get my hands on one. Govt ppl are watching me right now :yikes:.

Psssh, yah, where the hell have you been?

I've been thinking of running an open filters to, so this seems a must do. Can't hurt!

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Bumping up an old thread because I just did this for kicks. I don't feel any performance difference but I can hear the turbo spooling up and I can hear the intake sounds very very clearly. Underhood temp is cooler as well. When I opened the hood I did not feel as much heat radiating out.

Only question is how do you wash your car? Now all that water is just gonna run into the engine bay.

twistid

Ready to race!
Bumping up an old thread because I just did this for kicks. I don't feel any performance difference but I can hear the turbo spooling up and I can hear the intake sounds very very clearly. Underhood temp is cooler as well. When I opened the hood I did not feel as much heat radiating out.

Only question is how do you wash your car? Now all that water is just gonna run into the engine bay.

I've washed my car same as always.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
I've washed my car same as always.
Isn't it bad for the water to run over into the bay though. With all that wiring and stuff. I do love hearing the turbo though!