GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

TexasBirdDog

I installed this same unit several months ago in my wife's FJ, specifically so I could hook up a rear view camera. Sounds great, love the 8-band equalizer, quick to start up and very easy to browse through my iPhone. I never bother using CDs in her car anymore (or my new GTI of course). But this is 1000 times easier to find music on the iPhone than the basic GTI stereo.

How does it sound in the GTI? Was it easy to wire up? In the FJ, I replaced the crappy stock speakers with Pioneer 4-ways and it sounded terrific. The GTI stock system is OK.

When I purchased this I also got a JL 10" sub..so it's tough to say how it'd sound without that but overall I'm VERY pleased with this unit (big step up from the 2.5L stock deck), it does everything great it seems. Also I didn't install it. The thought of disassembling a VW interior just makes me cringe after owning and tinkering with my Jetta.

CFG9000

Ready to race!
New wheels/tires...

Wheels look great! Gotta get some VW center caps on them, though. I noticed at Waterfest (being new to the VW scene) that soooo many people are running around with Audi center caps on their VWs and it looks so tacky. :iono:

Powling

Ready to race!
Wheels look great! Gotta get some VW center caps on them, though. I noticed at Waterfest (being new to the VW scene) that soooo many people are running around with Audi center caps on their VWs and it looks so tacky. :iono:

I think a lot of people do that because Audi is affiliated with VW so it's seen as OEM+...but I could be wrong, someone can correct me on that.

J-Dub1488

Ready to race!
IMO the audi center caps look better than the VW center caps, especially on audi oem wheels.

CFG9000

Ready to race!
IMO the audi center caps look better than the VW center caps, especially on audi oem wheels.

You know what they look good on? An Audi.

I think a lot of people do that because Audi is affiliated with VW so it's seen as OEM+...but I could be wrong, someone can correct me on that.

Nobody puts Cadillac badges on their Chevy. :laugh:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion

It's funny because the Japanese scene is the opposite. Rebadging Acuras as Hondas, etc. But in that case, they are badged as Hondas everywhere other than NA.

I would put VW center caps on personally, I like everything to match!

Powling

Ready to race!
Haha only said that's why I think they do it, never said it was right!

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion

You know what they look good on? An Audi.

Nobody puts Cadillac badges on their Chevy. :laugh:

It's funny because the Japanese scene is the opposite. Rebadging Acuras as Hondas, etc. But in that case, they are badged as Hondas everywhere other than NA.

I would put VW center caps on personally, I like everything to match!

Haha only said that's why I think they do it, never said it was right!

B8 Platform wheels are 66.56CB. My OEM caps dont fit.

CFG9000

Ready to race!

J-Dub1488

Ready to race!
with some audi wheels the VW symbol doesnt look right

djaikon

Ready to race!
Car's in getting APR Stage 1 as I type :D

TexasBirdDog

Put on some trim rings, I don't see this very much down here in Texas. Need to rock the steelies until the highway in my town is done with construction--sorry about the iphone camera quality, ICK!