GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 08-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #15
Rising Blue R
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2012 Golf R w/Sunroof & Nav. 2-Door
My goal was to keep my R very reliable as OEM. Going stage 2 + allows that and gives the car better MPG when your not into it. I also have the VWR intake. I did not mess mith my suspension since I felt the OEM set up for a dr was perfect. I did go with the VWR springs to lower the car.

luv ur tails......makes such a difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhiggens View Post
I have not had any other the other loot installed yet, I only have 238 miles on it and I am goign to do a reasonable break in or a few k. also I want to know what it was like before I take it to stage 2.
I am goign to go with the HPA SHS coils too so I can keep a similar ride quality to stock. I think the coils and sway bars before I do the stage 2 upgrade.
Rising Blue R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #16
MKV Aaron
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Golf R
Make sure you drive the car hard, or as you will drive it normally. No sense in breaking it in soft for 1k miles, then driving it harder for 100k+...

I drove mine like an A-hole from day 1, and burn 0 oil.
MKV Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #17
drhiggens
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Blue R View Post
I did go with the VWR springs to lower the car.
Are you worried about the stock shocks lifespan with the lower springs?
I know the Euro version of the car is slightly lower. But im not sure if they are the same struts so will they handle the drop well?
drhiggens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #18
Tkulhanc134
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: MK7 GTI DSG
thats a sick looking gtr...
Tkulhanc134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #19
pressure drop
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhiggens View Post

The last photo is of the car I will be parking next to every day at work. I don't think the R will be out of place next to the GTR
Lets be real here, the R is overpriced for its specs, while the GTR is the best performance bargain in all of motoring.
pressure drop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:49 PM   #20
tuan209
Go Kart Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Blue R View Post
My goal was to keep my R very reliable as OEM. Going stage 2 + allows that and gives the car better MPG when your not into it. I also have the VWR intake. I did not mess mith my suspension since I felt the OEM set up for a dr was perfect. I did go with the VWR springs to lower the car.

luv ur tails......makes such a difference!

does vmr really make lowering springs for the R?
tuan209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:46 AM   #21
drhiggens
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressure drop View Post
Lets be real here, the R is overpriced for its specs, while the GTR is the best performance bargain in all of motoring.
Lets be honest here have you driven a GTR? Having ridden and driven in this car it rides like crap and it is better now with the v3's and the ADV wheels on it then it was stock. If my R had the interior quality of the GTR I would be so upset and the owner is the one who said the interior is nicer then the gtr not me. I agree that for what it is it can run the doors off metal twice its price. But the costs is just way to high every day that is why he also has an rs4.
its just not a practical car to drive every day and after you dump money into it to get it past 650hp it become even lees practical car.
For my money the stage 2+ R is a great choice all the performance I will ever need on the road, and still I can haul a big green egg from the bbq shop to get it home

if I had know posting g the pic would feed the gti tolls I would not have.
drhiggens is offline   Reply With Quote