GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 08-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #71
Cloudburn
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI, 2010 PG Nismo 370z
What an aweful life it would be to make EVERY decision using just logic. Yes, think with your head, but also with your heart.

Whether it's the money, the looks, the different drivetrain, Just do what feels right. That's what separates the drivers from the ones who own a car to get to work and back...

Once you’ve raced, you never forget it… and you never get over it.
Cloudburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #72
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: '12 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudburn View Post
What an aweful life it would be to make EVERY decision using just logic. Yes, think with your head, but also with your heart.

Whether it's the money, the looks, the different drivetrain, Just do what feels right. That's what separates the drivers from the ones who own a car to get to work and back...
My head says TDI (to get to work and back) but my heart says .:R

The logic was simply my head catching up with my heart and being OK with it...
thedude4bides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #73
TPsycho
Ready to race!

Drives: Rising Blue 2012 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty6 View Post
Even though it is a front drive till slip is detected, it works well for the street. I thought it was a great car.
It preemptively sends power to the rear wheels depending on how much throttle you give. So this statement while correct for the R32 is not for the R.

"Activation of the all-wheel differential no longer requires a difference in speeds between the front and rear axles.
That is because, different than on the previous generation, for the first time an electric pump is used to build pressure. The electric pump supplies oil to a hydraulic reservoir whose working pressure is 30 bar. A control module computes the ideal drive torque for the rear axle and controls, via a valve, how much oil pressure is applied to the working pistons of the multi-plate clutch. The contact pressure at the clutch plates rises in proportion to the desired torque at the rear axle. The amount of torque that is transferred can be varied continuously with the magnitude of the pressure applied to the clutch plates. Compared to the previous 4MOTION generation, the system operates independent of slip, since the system’s working pressure is always available. When starting up and accelerating, this prevents spinning of the wheels at the front axle more effectively, since the control module regulates the torque distribution based on dynamic axle loads. In extreme cases, nearly 100 percent of the drive torque can be directed to the rear axle. This results in further gains in active safety and dynamic performance."
Old 08-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #74
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: '12 Golf R
^I was gonna let that one go ha ha
thedude4bides is offline   Reply With Quote