GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 08-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #15
Pseudo Nim
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarin View Post
For me the best setting would be like yours....just like I did on my S4:

-DRL: front LED and rear euro Tail LED
-parking: just add the yellow parking lights, and dim the front LED
-Low beam: add Bi-xenon headlamp
-Auto: use the light sensor to switch on/off the light automatically
-rear fog: must be at first on low beam position, then just pull the lever all the way

Unfortunately no front lights available on the R !
The problem is the first one doesn't seem to be available on the R (tail list on with front LEDs). I'm confused as to VW dumbed down the electronics this much - I understand you can set any lights as DRL on Audis. On BMWs, you have exact the same configurability on both BMW and Mini so it's a bit strange.

I digress, though - any way to have tail LEDs on with DRL? Besides setting euro switch to "park" which dims the LEDs (another idiotic feature that nobody seems to be able to turn off...)
Pseudo Nim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #16
lemarin
Rally Car Champion

Drives: Volkswagen Golf TDI 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
The problem is the first one doesn't seem to be available on the R (tail list on with front LEDs). I'm confused as to VW dumbed down the electronics this much - I understand you can set any lights as DRL on Audis. On BMWs, you have exact the same configurability on both BMW and Mini so it's a bit strange.

I digress, though - any way to have tail LEDs on with DRL? Besides setting euro switch to "park" which dims the LEDs (another idiotic feature that nobody seems to be able to turn off...)
I already know that, you're right: on my previous TDI I tried to set the rear LED to stay on with DRL, but was unable. On my S4 it works great. I'm not a big fan of keeping all lights on during daylight, as it lowers MPG and bulb/ballast life. But for LED I don't mind, since LED should last forever on a car, and don't take much power as halogen bulbs.
Chevrolet Camaro RS 1969 Daytona Yellow
lemarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #17
Rising Blue R
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2012 Golf R w/Sunroof & Nav. 2-Door
Having had an 08 R32 which had auto and rain sensor to the more expensive 20012 R which has neither..the reason I get from VW camp is that the R is a pure track car and does not need these creature comforts from the previous model...OMG what a bunch of SKATA (greek for crap).

I just had my car programed so if I have my lights on at night and I turn the car off, they shut off even if the switch is in the ON position. Having just the stock function of OFF/ON, can not tell you how many times I left my lights on the first few weeks of ownership at night.

Last edited by Rising Blue R; 08-31-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Rising Blue R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #18
Pseudo Nim
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: Golf R
Coming from a BMW I hear you I keep being annoyed at the missing convenience features. That said - I tried to code the lights off feature and realised I can no longer have lights on when parked - I prefer using that instead of emergency flashers.
Pseudo Nim is offline   Reply With Quote