GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buttonwillow TrackDay Pics

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Went to Buttonwillow Raceway today with iGTI and Ben from P2Spec... had a blast!!! and I got 2 more VW people hooked on tracking:)

I'll post more on how the track day went later & videos... but a day at the track is just both mentally and physically challenging and I feel like a zombie right now...

Long story short... The GTI makes for an excellent weekend track car... I can't think of many other cars that can post one of the quickest runs consistently through out the day for the intermediate group we where in, and overall one of the quickest fwd times of the day out of all groups (I think I could have been faster if I didn't keep running into traffic)... and still be able to drive home averaging 30mpg with the AC blasting and the dynaudio playing some relaxing music...

Hopefully P2Spec and iGTI can post their pictures here soon too:)

Again... thanks Ben for doing the roof wrap the day before... you must have been exhausted... but it made the pics look so much better:thumbsup:

on to the pictures:)

THX-1138

Passed Driver's Ed
Superb pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us. I would have wished you have taken pictures leading the Honda and Subaru just like you did with that bad ass Camaro! :thumbsup:

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
Man, I miss doing the track events! Hopefully, I can drive my father's 993 Cup car with newly rebuilt 3.8L with Jenvey ITB and Motec engine management next year!

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
awesome pics! i would love to join the next time you track at the willow as i live in bakersfield.

I'll post up the next time we go... Couple of fun socal tracks that are near by... And everyone there is a good friendly crowd.

Superb pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us. I would have wished you have taken pictures leading the Honda and Subaru just like you did with that bad ass Camaro! :thumbsup:

I was really holding back, wanted to pass in the turn, but had to wait for him to point me by... Then I got impatient a couple turns later and passed him... Got slapped on the wrist for that... But oh well:)

Woohoo! Had a great time out there :). I'll have our track pics up soon too!
Can't wait to see those pics... Post up so I could try to edit the thread name.
Man, I miss doing the track events! Hopefully, I can drive my father's 993 Cup car with newly rebuilt 3.8L with Jenvey ITB and Motec engine management next year!

Why wait till next year... The GTI makes for a great track car already and is very forgiving... Once your abilities surpasses the GTI... The Porsche will be ready for you.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Panda,

did you have the traction turn off at the track?

Traction control off allows the xds to work to it's fullest potential while allowing the rear of the car to rotate easily on throttle lift...

The combination of H&R Street Performace Coilovers, Dunlop Direzza Starspecs, and 24mm rear H&R sway bar set to it's softest setting which is still harder than stock made thte car behave very much like an awd car.

Lift of throttle, front angles more towards apex while the rear gradually steps out, back on the gas through the apex and the car just slides throughbthe apex and back to the outside of the turn... It was very fast, very responsive to both steering and throttle input, and very easy to place in any position anywhere in a turn.

Did not feel like a fwd car anywhere on the track except one very tight corner where staying staying flat out on the gas actually helped to just whip the car around the turn...

I'd say the GTI is a very fast and very forgiving

Norsk

Go Kart Champion
Traction control off allows the xds to work to it's fullest potential while allowing the rear of the car to rotate easily on throttle lift...

The combination of H&R Street Performace Coilovers, Dunlop Direzza Starspecs, and 24mm rear H&R sway bar set to it's softest setting which is still harder than stock made thte car behave very much like an awd car.

Lift of throttle, front angles more towards apex while the rear gradually steps out, back on the gas through the apex and the car just slides throughbthe apex and back to the outside of the turn... It was very fast, very responsive to both steering and throttle input, and very easy to place in any position anywhere in a turn.

Did not feel like a fwd car anywhere on the track except one very tight corner where staying staying flat out on the gas actually helped to just whip the car around the turn...

I'd say the GTI is a very fast and very forgiving

Thanks,

Will have to give it a shot at Pocono speedway this Sept. or Oct. I need to get Stage 2 ready by then. I am only one part away, its the intake.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
I need to join you boys one of these days.
I'm just a few hundred miles away.

Looks like a smooooooth track!

:w00t:

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Cant beleive I didnt see this post....haha
I had a great time at the track with you guys...It was great to go on ride-alongs on the track with Panda and Ben... Ben Powerchip is no joke guys and should be seriously be considered if anyone is considering chipping as a mod, it was literally keeping up with Panada APR for the most part till we ran into some traffic.
Panada got to give it up to you brother your experience at the track is very noticeable on the ride-along you were hitting those apex's aggressively and wisely... very spot on.
I hope to do it again soon guys... Here is a pic of Ben and a SS Camaro in the background.

Last edited: