GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 09-13-2012, 12:51 AM   #15
Boobslappy
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2012 CSG R
Quote:
Originally Posted by -yz- View Post
Ok so I did everything as told in this thread tonight in this order:

1- Attach repair wire from Pin 7 of Euro Switch ---> Pin 17 of Black Harness
2- Attach repair wire from Pin 3 of Euro Switch ---> Pin 19 of Black Harness
3- Swapped Pin 28 on Black Harness with Pin 47 on Brown Harness
4- Coded (used this link: http://golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.p...3&postcount=87)
* I couldn't manually change 20 to 04 so I hit the drop-down box and found something that said "04 - European golf blah blah blah" <---- Was that the right thing to do?!?

5- Went to install LEDs, opened box and one of em was busted so I was like oh and went back to VAG, hit that drop-down box again and set it to what it was before (I think 18 or 20).

Anyhow, problems are:

1- Drivers side reverse light is lit all the time
2- With Euro switch in OFF position - No DRLs or anything is lit up (I thought DRLs were supposed to be on?)
3- With Euro switch in PARKING or ON positions - DRLs are on but dimmed

Can you help?

The LED tails didn't get installed because one of em had a missing male screw.
Just installed my tails WITH Fog but I forgot to get some more repair wires so im still at 20 for byte 18 and just dealing with the bulb out warning for now. Anyway I had a non working left blinker and non working right reverse light. The cause was the damn harnesses....one of the pins was pushed out when I plugged them in so I just unpligged, shoved the pin back into the connector and held it as I plugged the stock connector form the car in. BTW mine were from ECS
2012 .:R CSG | APR 2+ | 42DD Downpipe | CTS Intake | APR HPFP | HPA Dogbone Mount | DG Short Shifter | 42DD Catch Can | Reverse Cam | LED Tails, puddle lights, door warning lights | New south Boost Guage | Color Matched Side Markers | Garage Door Button. |
Boobslappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #16
-yz-
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobslappy View Post
Just installed my tails WITH Fog but I forgot to get some more repair wires so im still at 20 for byte 18 and just dealing with the bulb out warning for now. Anyway I had a non working left blinker and non working right reverse light. The cause was the damn harnesses....one of the pins was pushed out when I plugged them in so I just unpligged, shoved the pin back into the connector and held it as I plugged the stock connector form the car in. BTW mine were from ECS
I actually sorted it out. Turns out that the car WAS coded for Euro cars and because I couldn't install the LED's and had the stock bulbs in... it freaked out.

I installed LEDs today and everything is normal.
-yz- is offline   Reply With Quote