GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replacement Rotors

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
i loved the powerslots from tirerack when i had my GTI.

Razor1

Passed Driver's Ed
Carpartkings sells Powerslot rotors for $154 a pair! Cryo treatment is $40 more. So slotted rotors are less durable than blanks?

Razor1

Passed Driver's Ed
thats about right, mine were:

Processed Amount: $228.89

They are charging only $77 for each Powerslot rotor and $97 for each Powerslot cryo treated rotor. Meaning a set of cryo treated Powerslots are less than $200. Seems like a good price.

Razor1

Passed Driver's Ed
First, I wouldn't mess with drilled rotors. There is really no advantage, are basically for looks and can possibly weaken the rotors. They are probably both equally good, but the Powerslots have been tested positively by many forum members.

DarkCloak

Banned
Carpartkings sells Powerslot rotors for $154 a pair! Cryo treatment is $40 more. So slotted rotors are less durable than blanks?

I would not really see they are better or worse. They are a different design with an advantage and a disdvantage compared to the solid disc.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
On a side note: I went for these:

painted:

DupliColor SuperTherm 800° C

Last edited:

Sonny@TireRack.com

sonny@tirerack.com
Late to the party, sorry. In regards to slotted or drilled rotors: The function of a rotor is basically to act as a heat sink. When you remove material from a rotor (i.e. slots or holes) you limit the ability of a rotor to dissipate heat. Some do tout the benefits of slotted rotors cleaning the pads or assisting when a pad out-gasses. However, in my opinion, less is not more when it comes to braking. That being said....they look awesome :)

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
I never heard of a shorter life from Tarox owners, they even are known for increased reliability.
Keep in mind all Tarox are heat treated.

New GTI rotors are 25 mm in thickness, replace them when they are 23 mm or when warped.
Of course if you track I'd replace them earlier.