GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Popular MKVI VAG-COM Tweaks

Legohed

Ready to race!
Hi, what a great thread! I've finally found a guy with VAG-COM near me who is willing to do some tweaks for me (3 years it's taken) :happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:.

Q about this one please. In the UK it's an optional extra to buy which made me think it was some kind of mechanical thing. Can I just simply add this to my car now?

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Q about this one please. In the UK it's an optional extra to buy which made me think it was some kind of mechanical thing. Can I just simply add this to my car now?

I don't think it's mechanical. I believe it's just built into the ABS controller. Maybe it's different in the UK though. I'd just try turning it on and seeing if it works. :iono:

That is probably it, you're right.

This is what mine shows.

And this is the section in the long coder I was talking about.

That box must be checked for the warning to be removed. Counter-intuitive, but it won't let you completely disable it.

I set mine to 250, I think I got it up to 255 but went back to 250 when that didn't work. Didn't know about the long coder box that needed to be checked, thanks for that!

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Hi, what a great thread! I've finally found a guy with VAG-COM near me who is willing to do some tweaks for me (3 years it's taken) :happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:.

Try it - the worst that could happen is that it doesn't work.

My advice is to enable it, save the settings, turn on the car and try to scan your ABS module to see if any faults come up. Then you can go out and try to see if it works

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
I don't think it's mechanical. I believe it's just built into the ABS controller. Maybe it's different in the UK though. I'd just try turning it on and seeing if it works. :iono:

Bingo! finally someone else gets this.

I have been contacting VW enthusiasts in the UK for their help in determining which ABS controllers we would need for this. Since there is not a ton of gain for them, the info is coming in slowly. Changing only the coding does not seem to work, so I am thinking it must be in the firmware.

IDC if I have to spend a few hundred on controllers if I find one that works in the end.

eduardot

Ready to race!
Bingo! finally someone else gets this.

I have been contacting VW enthusiasts in the UK for their help in determining which ABS controllers we would need for this. Since there is not a ton of gain for them, the info is coming in slowly. Changing only the coding does not seem to work, so I am thinking it must be in the firmware.

IDC if I have to spend a few hundred on controllers if I find one that works in the end.

They are talking about Hill Hold Control....

We could still use a full auto scan of his car to compare parts related to ESP.

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
Oh whoops. Still same info is applicable. I am talking about enabling our TSC button's ability to disable ESC.

A scan will only help us if his car is a 2012 2.0TSI GTI (Build date after week 22 of 2011) and he has this ability, and does not have the OEM adaptive suspension. There are a lot of ABS controllers for our cars.

Last edited:

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
VCD God's

Ive been trying to disable TPMS on my '10 GTI and it says coding accepted but the light remains on and just flashes..

Disable TPMS
Description: For cars with TPMS sensors in the wheels, you can disable the light for winter wheels or wheels without sensors
Check bit 7 of byte 8 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper

Any advice?

Thanks

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
Is there a way to disable the "driver's door open" warning alarm. I see, and have disabled, the code for the seat belt warning, but I also want to disable the door ajar warning.

Oh, also, when I try to turn on the gauge sweep option (staging) Vag-Com just tells me that there is an error. In other words, I click "select" then "instruments" then "adaptation" and then click on the "Channel" pull down bar and click "staging" the "stored value" bar says Error and won't let me input a "new value". What's that all about. That exact thing also happens when I try to turn on the driver's seat heating memory option.

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
VCD God's

Ive been trying to disable TPMS on my '10 GTI and it says coding accepted but the light remains on and just flashes..

Disable TPMS
Description: For cars with TPMS sensors in the wheels, you can disable the light for winter wheels or wheels without sensors
Check bit 7 of byte 8 in Central Electronics Long Coding Helper

Any advice?

Thanks

Figured it out, its through the CAN Gateway Module (19)...to disable TPMS at least for my car?

I still get a malfuntion for this when i run an autoscan (Communication error or something) but at least the light is off :)

svickstc

Go Kart Champion
Is there a way to disable the "driver's door open" warning alarm. I see, and have disabled, the code for the seat belt warning, but I also want to disable the door ajar warning.

Oh, also, when I try to turn on the gauge sweep option (staging) Vag-Com just tells me that there is an error. In other words, I click "select" then "instruments" then "adaptation" and then click on the "Channel" pull down bar and click "staging" the "stored value" bar says Error and won't let me input a "new value". What's that all about. That exact thing also happens when I try to turn on the driver's seat heating memory option.

Check what model cluster you have, it will not work on "G" clusters I believe?

Door ajar sound, i dont think we have that in the US at least I do not, I am sure there is an option to disable it.

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
Check what model cluster you have, it will not work on "G" clusters I believe?

Why did I have to be cursed with the G cluster?! I wanted that feature a lot!

I got the driver's seat heat memory working - it just inexplicably stopped saying ERROR - but the passenger side still won't let me do it (though, I don't actually want memory on that side. I was just more curious as to why it wouldn't work).

Door ajar sound, i dont think we have that in the US at least I do not, I am sure there is an option to disable it.

Hmm, I'll have to figure it out.

It's really annoying, when you're trying to install stuff/tweak stuff, with the door open and the key in the ignition, and that damn ding ding ding ding ding won't shut the f**k up. And, unlike the seatbelt warning, the door warning goes forever.

djaikon

Ready to race!
Why did I have to be cursed with the G cluster?! I wanted that feature a lot!

I got the driver's seat heat memory working - it just inexplicably stopped saying ERROR - but the passenger side still won't let me do it (though, I don't actually want memory on that side. I was just more curious as to why it wouldn't work).

Hmm, I'll have to figure it out.

It's really annoying, when you're trying to install stuff/tweak stuff, with the door open and the key in the ignition, and that damn ding ding ding ding ding won't shut the f**k up. And, unlike the seatbelt warning, the door warning goes forever.

If you change your settings to ROW, the chime will only ding 3 times I believe

quality_sound

hmm.......

Hmmm, makes me wonder if my issues with coding the gauge sweep will do the same thing. :confused: Guess I'll just have to keep trying.

freeclimbmtb

Ready to race!
For the DSR tweak, its found in the Steering module, not the ABS module.

Also, I tried a bunch of these last night, as far as the convenience windows go, I can get everything except the opening of the sunroof slider...I can get it to close with the windows...just not open... thoughts?