GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions

Old 10-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #15
tluley51
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: MKVI CSG Autobahn GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSuits View Post
You are getting shafted my friend...

((345*36)+4500)/36 = $470 for a 10k per year Autobahn???

Walk out of that place and never come back...

Rule 1: ALWAYS put zero down on the lease...
Rule 2: Ask them to see the money factor and depreciation % to do your own math. If they say no...walk out of there.
Rule 3: Read this for info http://www.ridewithg.com/

I pay $411 a month, 0 down except taxes title (which they covered 2k of because NY state tax is brutal), for a 2012 4 Door DSG, Nav, & Sun. at 15k per year. Go else where because 2 plus 2 doesn't equal 4 in the "deal" they are offering you.
Sounds to me like you got shafted as well...to me at least.
2011 CSG Autobahn 6 speed, I pay $360 a month to OWN. Over $400 for a lease? That seems rough...
tluley51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #16
johnnyveelish
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: FAMILY HAULER
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluley51 View Post
Sounds to me like you got shafted as well...to me at least.
2011 CSG Autobahn 6 speed, I pay $360 a month to OWN. Over $400 for a lease? That seems rough...
how did you manage to only pay $360/mo for a brand new autobahn? even at 0% finance you're only at under 26k with 72 payments.

in comparison here is NYCSuits's.
I pay $411 a month, 0 down except taxes title (which they covered 2k of because NY state tax is brutal), for a 2012 4 Door DSG, Nav, & Sun. at 15k per year.

granted it's not autobahn, but with a dsg so price difference isn't much.
johnnyveelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #17
Davidson
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: W
Sounds to me like you got shafted as well.
Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #18
NYCSuits
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '12 GTI, '16 GSW SE LP/DP
I know I got a solid deal...let me put it into perspective for everyone who is against leasing...

$411 per month for the car...a few hundred due at signing (I had a family member buy a car at the dealership before so they offered a rebate and covered additional costs to reduce the dues at signing by 2k...oh yea...it INCLUDES wheel and tire insurance for the full 36 months I have the car)

The way I saw it...after the 3 years (32 months now)...I'll have a MK6 with roughly 45,000 miles. If I bought it...the used car market is going to be flooded with lower mileage GTIs and the MK7 will be out and the value of a used MK6 will be down by at least 5-10% as a result.

Made sense in my head but what do I know right
Akrapovic | REVO | RNS510 Rev-Q | OEM Euro Cup Holder | OEM Euro Power Folding Mirrors | OEM Euro Mirrors | OEM Golf R Mirror Caps | OEM RLS Windshield | OEM RLS | OEM Dimming Mirror | OEM DG Springs | OEM LED Tails | OEM Dash Cubby | ECS CF Intake | Unibrace UB | Tyrolsport | SPM RSB | 17" OEM Goals | 18" OEM VW Motorsport | 18" OEM Detroit | OEM+ | OEM Match Markers | OEM Lip Spoiler | 50% llumar | WeatherTech| Vagcom
NYCSuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #19
RMR
Go Kart Champion

Drives: '12 VW GTI DSG Autobahn 4 Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSuits View Post
I know I got a solid deal...let me put it into perspective for everyone who is against leasing...

$411 per month for the car...a few hundred due at signing (I had a family member buy a car at the dealership before so they offered a rebate and covered additional costs to reduce the dues at signing by 2k...oh yea...it INCLUDES wheel and tire insurance for the full 36 months I have the car)

The way I saw it...after the 3 years (32 months now)...I'll have a MK6 with roughly 45,000 miles. If I bought it...the used car market is going to be flooded with lower mileage GTIs and the MK7 will be out and the value of a used MK6 will be down by at least 5-10% as a result.

Made sense in my head but what do I know right
We all do what makes sense to us. I bought my '12 Autobahn DSG with $3600 down and 0% interest. Down payment went to cover TTL and some principal and I financed around out the door $26.5k over 5 years. My payments are $442/month. After 3 years I will owe only around $10,500. There will be plenty of equity in the car if I choose to trade or sell. Flooded market or not. I used to lease but at today's low finance rates it makes no sense to me at all. On the lease they are still charging the money factor to you. On the buy side it's 0%.
RMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #20
Gilmore
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: W
$411 per month for the car.
Gilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #21
maxtdi
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 370z,Golf TDI, Crown Vic
OP was a one hit wonder...
Old 10-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #22
Gonnabuyavw

Drives: Scion tc
Thank You everyone for your input. I'm currently shopping other vw dealers and contemplating purchasing the car instead of leasing it
Gonnabuyavw is offline   Reply With Quote