GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Burn has been successfully completed..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
Sorry Mike! Post number 4 asked about APR. I responded and asked people to start a new thread if they would like to talk to me, which I did several times. Most of my posts were also specifically to address questions people had about these ECU's, flashing and security measures. I have deep knowledge of this as I actually work for a tuning company and have worked with 2010 encryption since late 2008, early 2009. I don't want this to be an advertisement for APR, I just want to share with people when I have the answer to their question. The answers about chipping fears benefits all and not just me.

:)
Your post just proves Mike's point, smiley face and all.

"I don't want this to be an advertisement for APR," lol stop playing. You blatantly ignore certain posts that question your product but chime in by all means necessary to back it-even at the expense of other vendors' reputations. Doesn't your product garner enough praise without derailing competitors' threads?

edit: When will the Revo flash be available?

Last edited:
P

plac

"I don't want this to be an advertisement for APR," lol stop playing. You blatantly ignore certain posts that question your product but chime in by all means necessary to back it-even at the expense of other vendors' reputations. Doesn't your product garner enough praise without derailing competitors' threads?

hell, if Revo comes out with a switcher device and figures out how to flash without removing ECU first, I'll be going with them for sure. Simple as that. (I guess they already have the switcher device.)

Tecni

Ready to race!
Arin, take your pissing contest elsewhere. This is not your adspace.

You must not be selling many APR tunes to have to be in here jacking Forge's potential customers.

On that note. My car has a REVO flash and unlike APR's flash that keeps getting the "ehhh why am I not getting a night and day feeling", I did get the OVERWHELMING feeling of power.

Here's my video. I wish my editing skills were as good as the tune.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wsqp-y7U3U

Thanks Mike!

20CSGMKVI10

Passed Driver's Ed
Mike has said what he needed to say and Arin has said what he needed to say. Let's leave it at that and continue learning about the Revo flash. Tecni, congrats on the Revo flash but what you said about APR's flash was not needed and will only cause more bickering.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Sorry Mike! Post number 4 asked about APR. I responded and asked people to start a new thread if they would like to talk to me, which I did several times. Most of my posts were also specifically to address questions people had about these ECU's, flashing and security measures. I have deep knowledge of this as I actually work for a tuning company and have worked with 2010 encryption since late 2008, early 2009. I don't want this to be an advertisement for APR, I just want to share with people when I have the answer to their question. The answers about chipping fears benefits all and not just me.

:)

You're a condecending p*&^#k.

You're the official APR photographer and web/graphic guy. You are not a software engineer, and have no business promoting yourself as such in an attempt to undermine me while bolstering your own image. I'm not a software engineer either, but I will never be seen letting people think I am.

Yes, there was a question asking how Revo compared to APR for this application, which I could have easily answered, given the abundance of already available information about APR, since you post it every chance you get.

No one believes for one second that you don't intend to promote your own brand by hijacking other people's threads. The customers have said as much, so practice as you preach and take your APRopoganda elsewhere. It's not welcome here.

Thank you!

The Revo software has long since been finished, but the dealers should start receiving the bench flashing hardware at the end of this month to begin performing the unlocking.

Mike has said what he needed to say and Arin has said what he needed to say. Let's leave it at that and continue learning about the Revo flash.

Exactly, and thanks to you as well.

If Arin actually had any self respect and respect for others, he would do as he originally suggested and take his APR discussion elsewhere. As much as I would like to leave it at that and carry on, I guarantee he will find some other excuse to continue posting as if he's doing the forum a service by continuing to derail threads.

Last edited:

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
hell, if Revo comes out with a switcher device and figures out how to flash without removing ECU first, I'll be going with them for sure. Simple as that. (I guess they already have the switcher device.)

My understanding about the inability to perform switching (boost, timing, fuel) with Revo software on the newer TSI applications (MK5 & MK6) is because there is not enough available memory space to add the additional programming required to perform the switching, so they are forced to leave it out for now. The SPS device for performing the switching will only work on FSI motors for now since there is the available memory space to store the programming for it. I may be wrong, but that is the way it was explained to me. I am told they are still working on it and hope to be able to offer it in the future however.

P

plac

My understanding about the inability to perform switching (boost, timing, fuel) with Revo software on the newer TSI applications (MK5 & MK6) is because there is not enough available memory space to add the additional programming required to perform the switching, so they are forced to leave it out for now. The SPS device for performing the switching will only work on FSI motors for now since there is the available memory space to store the programming for it. I may be wrong, but that is the way it was explained to me. I am told they are still working on it and hope to be able to offer it in the future however.

oh, i remember your switcher now. i was more hoping for a combo stock/stage 1/stage2 switcher like the Cobb on Subarus. APR could have custom made me one for my 2009, but not without extra cost. That also gets you stuck into less octane options for your tune, as you use up more of the slots. I have never used any other octane more than 91 in California in the last 5 years and don't really intend to.

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
Mike I feel I should apologize to you as well, I was trying to make plac understand that with the lockout feature there is no way the dealer will see the tune on their systems. Yes I'm biased toward apr because that's what I have and its the only one ive heard that has that feature where you could hide it from the dealer but I don't doubt that revo's product is as good or even better in different aspects, at least from what i've heard from other stories from forum members, everyone describes it as a raw power.

Now, since this is all about the revo tune, I feel I must ask you this because this is a huge thing for some of us and would be a decision making point if I were to select a another tune, you just said that only the 91/93 tune would fit on the ecu? so what do yo do if you need to go back to stock for say a dealer visit?

Halvie

WOOSA
Mike I feel I should apologize to you as well, I was trying to make plac understand that with the lockout feature there is no way the dealer will see the tune on their systems. Yes I'm biased toward apr because that's what I have and its the only one ive heard that has that feature where you could hide it from the dealer but I don't doubt that revo's product is as good or even better in different aspects, at least from what i've heard from other stories from forum members, everyone describes it as a raw power.

Now, since this is all about the revo tune, I feel I must ask you this because this is a huge thing for some of us and would be a decision making point if I were to select a another tune, you just said that only the 91/93 tune would fit on the ecu? so what do yo do if you need to go back to stock for say a dealer visit?

Bare with me. This isn't an advert for APR. I have been trying to figure this out on the AWE k04 thread(most likely going to put an order in within the next couple weeks), and assume Revo works the same as GIAC, so I thought I would post here seeing there are people wondering about a lockout feature...

Ok, so we all know that the lockout feature with APR reflashes prevent you from switching programs (car doesn't do anything when holding set to try and switch programs).

Is there anything else it does? On their site it says "Prevents unauthorized personnel from accessing EMCS functions". Aren't the EMCS functions basically just the ability to switch programs via the cruise stalk?

Seeing as for GIAC and Revo (again assuming they operate the same again) switch programs with the controller that plugs into the port, isn't a lockout feature completely pointless?

Does the lockout feature do anything more than prevent operation from the cruise stalk? If not I don't get why people care about GIAC and Revo not offering a lockout feature.

Wouldn't the dealership need a GIAC or Revo controller to see if the car would respond if left in stock mode when taken in?

Keith@APR

Banned
You're a condecending p*&^#k.

You're the official APR photographer and web/graphic guy. You are not a software engineer, and have no business promoting yourself as such in an attempt to undermine me while bolstering your own image. I'm not a software engineer either, but I will never be seen letting people think I am.

Yes, there was a question asking how Revo compared to APR for this application, which I could have easily answered, given the abundance of already available information about APR, since you post it every chance you get.

No one believes for one second that you don't intend to promote your own brand by hijacking other people's threads. The customers have said as much, so practice as you preach and take your APRopoganda elsewhere. It's not welcome here.

Thank you!

The Revo software has long since been finished, but the dealers should start receiving the bench flashing hardware at the end of this month to begin performing the unlocking.

Exactly, and thanks to you as well.

If Arin actually had any self respect and respect for others, he would do as he originally suggested and take his APR discussion elsewhere. As much as I would like to leave it at that and carry on, I guarantee he will find some other excuse to continue posting as if he's doing the forum a service by continuing to derail threads.

Mike,

I appreciate that Arin may have inadvertently upset you and I can agree with how you could feel like his presence on your thread may make your goals of promoting a competing product more difficult. However, I don't think resorting to name calling and personal attacks will benefit anyone.

That being said, APR will be happy to start a new thread to answer the kinds of questions we are seeing here.

APR apologizes for upsetting you.

However, before we do leave, I would like to point out a serious misconception you may have about Arin and his position with APR.

Firstly and fore mostly, Arin is an enthusiast. He has a good resume of participation in the community as someone who noobs could call upon as a valuable resource prior to working at APR.

His education is that of an accredited software engineer and that was his primary occupation prior to his tenure at APR.

His official position at APR is Internet Assassin.

This means he is responsible for all external web research, development, implementation and design. These duties include the management, maintenance and development of goapr.com and production of the content within, whether it be photography, videography or graphic design.

From there, he is secondarily responsible, other than me, for all things client experiential. This means he is an ambassador to our clients and our technology and products and the explanation and understanding thereof. This requires a daily interface with our engineering team in order to be able to achieve an advanced understanding of our products from which he will formulate a "lay man's" explanation for the questions our clients have.

This puts him in an unique position within our organization whereas he is one of the ultimate authorities concerning the results of our product development and what those results mean to our clientele.

It also gives him the opportunity to provide feedback about those results to the engineering team and Arin is one of the primary challengers to our engineering team in their strive for excellence. He works hand in hand with each project manager to insure our clients voices are heard by our engineering team and Arin has one of the greatest opportunities to affect change in our product development in order to include the requests of our clientele.

So, Mike, without further adieu will we leave your thread and begin a new one that is open to all who wish to participate and I would even invite you to chime in with your knowledge when able to do so.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?p=87163#post87163

Thanks again everyone, and we apologize to you if reading Arin's posts was offensive.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
LOL it never ends now daddy has to get involved

Status
Not open for further replies.