GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 10-27-2010, 08:07 PM   #57
itzalexbish
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 VW GTI Candy White
Bimmer hands down.
itzalexbish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #58
danmcg
Ready to race!

Drives: '13 GTI 4dr Base Man Black
Hate me for reviving a 2+ year old thread, but I just moved from a 2008 135i into a new GTI. I did it for a few reasons. First being I have an 8 week old son and I really wanted the 4 doors to make my life easier. 2nd, the payment was significantly cheaper! Who knew that kids were so damn expensive?! PS - health insurance is a racket I swear. 3rd, it was just out of warranty and I can only imagine what starts to happen with that car based on 1addicts.com. I had already dealt with rattling wastegates, broken window regulators, a/c breaking, washer system leaking, etc... I can't deal with the maintenance that was about to start rolling in on it.

I can say though that I loved every second of driving that BMW. It is a beast of a machine. I had it chipped with the JB4 and tuned for a mix of e85 and 93 and just with that it was a marvel of technology and brute force. I'm getting nostalgic now just typing about it. Ah well...

Now that I am in the GTI though to be honest, I don't miss the 135. I have wanted a GTI since '95 and just never really got around to it. I went through a bunch of cars, and now have finally made my way to the MK6. This thing is a blast to drive! It reminds me a lot of how my Cooper S drove. I get that same go kart feeling with it. It feels nicer inside also compared to the MINI. Roomier than the 135 by a good amount. It just makes more sense at this point in my life. And I still get to have fun!
danmcg is offline   Reply With Quote