GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Off-Topic Discussions > OFF-TOPIC Lounge!

Old 11-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #29
GunKata
MILFn00dzHunter.com

Drives: '03 350Z Track, '11 Pcar, '06 Oddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_law View Post
Gotta say, I think posting this in OT is a bit...out of place? Seems like it would apply more to General Discussion and other forums?

Off Topic is generally considered the "catch all" of forum discussion. All the message boards that I've participated in and moderated, the rules that apply to the other forums don't generally apply the same way here; pretty much anything and everything usually goes. To do otherwise sort of defeats the purpose of having it, no? There's a lot to be said for members having a forum where they can just let go. Like the forum description says, "The name says it all...."

Yeah, you need to make sure the natives don't get too far out of line and things don't get too crazy, but IMO, you can't measure what goes on in OT the same as you would in the other forums. Shit, some of the best forums I've been a part of have OT forums that were essentially unmoderated (other than general clean up stuff). You had to do more than cross the line...you had to blow by it before anyone stepped in. TBH, that is part of the fun.

Just my $0.02. Please don't take this as trying to stir up trouble. I'm just giving an opinion based on my past experiences which (probably) regrettably includes more years wasting time on forums than a lot of members here have been on this planet.
well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliciousMK6 View Post
This is true, while the seller may place a higher value than the market dictates. The buyer, generally new members, would not otherwise be informed and risk overpriced items. In this case it's ok for bother parties to be negligent but the seller maintains the benefit?
my point exactly.

No GunKata, no care.

Need remote help buying or selling a car?

Chicago Car Network

I can haz 350z racecar?

Gone: 2011 Audi A3 Quattro DSG K04

Also Gone: 2011 GTI Autobahn MT Stage 2 BBK Lots of Mods
GunKata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #30
Bender
Banned

Drives: 2014 Focus ST
Quote:
Yeah, you need to make sure the natives don't get too far out of line and things don't get too crazy, but IMO, you can't measure what goes on in OT the same as you would in the other forums. Shit, some of the best forums I've been a part of have OT forums that were essentially unmoderated (other than general clean up stuff). You had to do more than cross the line...you had to blow by it before anyone stepped in. TBH, that is part of the fun.
I think generally we agree with this. Maybe not QUITE to the extent you suggest, but certainly more than you would expect.

That said, as stated before, posted here due to traffic.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #31
lilfleck

Drives: '11 GTI Autobahn, DSG
I'm happy with this. I used to be a huge contributor to overclock.net and the mods heavily regulate behavior when it gets out of line or outside the TOS.

That being said, we can still have fun right? I won't get flack for posting something like this (in response to this thread):
lilfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #32
MKVInce
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 CW GTI 6MT, 2007 OB G35 Coupe
I find this forum is pretty lenient with FS threads. Not saying it's bad nor good. Just stating my observations. In many other forums, it is strictly regulated. Examples: you must have a certain amount of posts to post a FS thread, you must have pictures of the actual product, you must take pics of the actual product with the username and date in the pix, can't bump in less than 48 hours, etc.
2013 Evo X (sold)
2015 BMW X3 (current)
MKVInce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #33
Bender
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfleck View Post
That being said, we can still have fun right? I won't get flack for posting something like this (in response to this thread):

Absolutely!
Old 11-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #34
lilfleck

Drives: '11 GTI Autobahn, DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKVInce View Post
I find this forum is pretty lenient with FS threads. Not saying it's bad nor good. Just stating my observations. In many other forums, it is strictly regulated. Examples: you must have a certain amount of posts to post a FS thread, you must have pictures of the actual product, you must take pics of the actual product with the username and date in the pix, can't bump in less than 48 hours, etc.
I agree. I feel really bad for folks trying to sell stuff and other people hawking in and posting something that deters a sale. While I, the consumer, appreciate the cheapest deal, its not fair for the people selling.

I keep my silence when I know something is fishy or not right. I would like to inform others, but if someone wants to pay a huge premium and not do research, thats on them.

On a suggestive note, maybe we could add a sub section to the classifieds area where we can post deals on various parts:
Engine (forum)
-> Intakes (thread)
-> Plugs (thread)
-> Coils (thread)

Suspension
-> Coilovers (thread)
-> Springs (thread)

...brainstorming.
lilfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #35
svickstc
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: Nike 6.0
Quote:
This forum as a whole is pretty "lenient" but i honestly wouldnt call it that myself as I get a different vibe from the forum as they just want things to run open and not be forum NAZI's with people in a position of internet POWA to control things how they see fit, which I really like about GolfMK6, but there comes a point and its nice to see that the MOD's have identified this...

^^^to the above, sub-sections in classifieds would just be too much
Old 11-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #36
dustinwark
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: MKV GTI
Does this relate to a few golfmkv members getting banned for phantom duplicate accounts?
dustinwark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #37
Bender
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinwark View Post
Does this relate to a few golfmkv members getting banned for phantom duplicate accounts?
Nope, the general vibe of EVERYONE has been negative as of late. We want to shift it back to where it should be.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #38
dustinwark
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: MKV GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Nope, the general vibe of EVERYONE has been negative as of late. We want to shift it back to where it should be.
Fair enough
dustinwark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #39
dbizzle22
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: GTI
Quote:
I've always liked the photo of item with forum name and username info in it rule. Anything to help deter false for sale posts and keep folks from getting ripped off.
dbizzle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #40
aj_law
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 Tornado Red 4DR 6MT GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I think generally we agree with this. Maybe not QUITE to the extent you suggest, but certainly more than you would expect.

That said, as stated before, posted here due to traffic.
Understood.

Can it be posted in more than one forum? I'd add it to the General Discussion forum too. Hell, considering the importance of content, it probably deserves to be stickied there.
aj_law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #41
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit

Sent via TapaTalk, butchered by autocorrect
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #42
MooreHeat
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 Shadow Blue Metallic GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfleck View Post
On a suggestive note, maybe we could add a sub section to the classifieds area where we can post deals on various parts:
Engine (forum)
-> Intakes (thread)
-> Plugs (thread)
-> Coils (thread)

Suspension
-> Coilovers (thread)
-> Springs (thread)
Please no.. too many clicks! lol
MooreHeat is offline   Reply With Quote