GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions

Old 12-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
Cal2000
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 13' GTI 4DR AUTOBAHN
42 mo Lease for 13' GTI 4DR Autobahn + First Aid Kit & Mats

The best offer that I have gotten so far is $399+tax for 41 months (1 month free) and $0 at sign off. 12k miles per year.
Does that sound pretty good? They supposedly used the MF and Residual currently available for their sign-and-drive event which expires on 1/2/13.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Cal2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
Double's Dub
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 CW GTI 6sp, 02 FX4 Ranger
Quite a long term for leasing, but 399 isn't bad at all.

MODS
OEM Bixenon retrofit-APR St2-APR Cast/Catted DP-S3 IC- APR Carbonio- S3 Short Shifter-DG Springs-OEM dark cherry LED tails-R8 coils- ECS clear side markers - 42dd bushings -VMR v710 GM-CTS Catback Exhaust-AWE TOP and Neuspeed Charge Pipe- Tyrolsport bushings F+R- Michelin PSS - Brembo 17z BBK - RSR Clutch
Double's Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
NYCSuits
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '12 GTI, '16 GSW SE LP/DP
42 months is pretty long...but if that suits you, go for it. The price of 399+tax...Is pretty solid I must say, better than the deal I got and I thought I had it good hahah
Akrapovic | REVO | RNS510 Rev-Q | OEM Euro Cup Holder | OEM Euro Power Folding Mirrors | OEM Euro Mirrors | OEM Golf R Mirror Caps | OEM RLS Windshield | OEM RLS | OEM Dimming Mirror | OEM DG Springs | OEM LED Tails | OEM Dash Cubby | ECS CF Intake | Unibrace UB | Tyrolsport | SPM RSB | 17" OEM Goals | 18" OEM VW Motorsport | 18" OEM Detroit | OEM+ | OEM Match Markers | OEM Lip Spoiler | 50% llumar | WeatherTech| Vagcom
NYCSuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
BlueDubbinTDI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf TDI 4-door 2013 FR-S
Why wouldnt you go buy a certified pre owned at that rate and add a little more to the term? You still get the warranty
BlueDubbinTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
Cal2000
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 13' GTI 4DR AUTOBAHN
All good feedbacks! Thx much!!!
Cal2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
kaptaink
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 DPB GTI Autobahn
The only issue I would have is that a 42 month lease exceeds the full warranty by one year, so you would be paying for any major repairs on a car you may never own, unless you can talk the dealership into covering the car until the end of the lease.

what is the buyout at the end of the lease?

VAG-COM Micro-CAN available in Bowling Green KY
kaptaink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
The Notorious VAG
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI - Tornado Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDubbinTDI View Post
Why wouldnt you go buy a certified pre owned at that rate and add a little more to the term? You still get the warranty
This.

Someone else will have already eaten the initial depreciation and you have the flexibility to be out of the car whenever you want. Nevermind the buyout you would still have after 4 years of payments.

I leased my first new car and was the worst financial decision I've made. Admittedly, it was at a time when the new MKV GTI just came out and there were no CPO's on the lot, along with the fact I was young and impatient. Right now you can find 3 yrs worth of CPO MK6's in VW lots across the country. My CPO 2012 was 28% off new MSRP and its minty clean.

Good luck!
The Notorious VAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #8
BlueDubbinTDI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf TDI 4-door 2013 FR-S
Mine was 34%. I'll likely never buy a new car unless I come into a serious amount of money its not financially reasonable.
BlueDubbinTDI is offline   Reply With Quote