GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #99
meph
Oval Champion

Drives: .:R
I have not tried this on my R but on my previous VW's, since "most" transmissions don't have a 2nd-1st synchro, the transmission wont let you put it in first if you are rolling. How this happened is beyond me.
meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #100
AXO
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 VW GTI Candy White
How about VW's One Time Goodwill Repair? Service manager may be able to help you get this through VW of America....
Old 12-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #101
GOBbluth
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI. White, nav, 6mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post
Okay guys I need help from a VW mechanic.

Just did an autoscan. When I shifted into 2nd instead of 4th @ about 63mph, the engine revved to 7302 RPM. Not at all as high as I thought, but the scan reads this:

000537 - Maximum Engine Speed Exceeded: Engine Warranty VOID!
P0219 - 000 - -) - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100000
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 40494 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2012.14.14
Time: 17:08:36

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 7302 /min
Load: 16.9 %
Speed: 106.0 km/h
Temperature: 82.0C
Temperature: 7.0C
Absolute Pres.: 980.0 mbar
Voltage: 14.351 V

My question is this: is there a bit in there that I can't access via VCDS that indicates if my engine warranty is void? I ask because 7302 isn't much higher than the rev limiter at 7000 rpm, I may have some sweet talking I can do to get warranty work done as long as they know that it was 7302. If I go clear that code, I'm worried a tech might know the warranty is void without knowing why.

Appreciate the help guys.
Does vagcom or whatever diagnostic tool you used actually say "engine warranty void" or you added that?
GOBbluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #102
Tecni
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Volkswagen GTI
In for pictures of mangled TSI valves!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #103
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBbluth View Post
Does vagcom or whatever diagnostic tool you used actually say "engine warranty void" or you added that?
Yes it does say that. That was a direct copy.

Keep in mind, however, that the ecu doesn't actually report any text like that - it's added by Ross-Tech's software. At least, in my expertise with controls systems, it would be very costly to include all that data and try and pipe it through the CAN bus when your diagnostics tool sits on a PC with nearly limitless storage. Not to mention it's far easier to develop for. I can't envision how vw would want all that in their ecu.

butchered by autocorrect

Last edited by XGC75; 12-10-2012 at 08:11 PM.
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #104
socal87
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Black '12 GTI Sun/Nav 4dr 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecni View Post
In for pictures of mangled TSI valves!
FSI...

Jubblies. That is all.
socal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #105
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTR View Post
Drive and enjoy the car. You didnt intentionally abuse the car. Are you severely modded? Car is trashed? Not taken care of by the book? Ive done the same thing and I didnt see how high the revs were. Dont really care it was ALMOST a missed shift. I caught it and life goes on.

Sell the car or trade it and get something else if this is keeping you up at night. You didnt blow the engine and you did NOT intentionally abuse the car.

Call a dealer not yours explain the situation and gauge the response. Then panic or smile....oh yea 1 over rev does not equal a pattern of mis use either.
Actually the engine runs great. I want to say it runs smoother but that's probably just the placebo effect. Not at all worried about it anymore after driving on it for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling_GTI View Post
So you would like help to erase this from your ECU so you can get warranty repairs? Which in turn brings up our car's cost, indirectly.

Above you were calm about this incident. I see why now, you don't plan on taking responsibility for it yourself, you want everyone else to. Either eat it or move on please.

This forum is disappointing lately.
You know every time I post I think to myself, "does anyone want to read this?" In this case, I wanted to know mor about how VW's diagnostics system works. If I found there were no repercussions I will get rid of the code because I simply don't want to see it anymore. But hey man, thanks for your contribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibid View Post
Certain codes cannot be cleared with VAGCOM and I suspect this is one of them.

My car brand new *(when I picked it up) had a 'low fuel' code and is not clearable (you can say clear codes as much as you want and it stays).

I suspect that if you run the fuel to empty too many times and have fuel pump problems, this is VWs way of saying neglect and no warranty.

I'm not too happy having this code in there but I'm super careful to make sure I fill up before the low fuel light goes on now.
Yes I have confirmed that the code CAN NOT be cleared pertinently. I do not yet know whether the freeze frame info comes with that, though.

If not, I definitely don't want to clear that code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noize View Post
7300rpm is not worth worrying about and at that very load, I would say almost assuredly did not damage the engine. Don't sweat it.
Naw it's not a big deal in my case. It just felt like shit. That blender sound will live with me forever, it felt so severe in the moment. But hey, I drove all the way home so I knew it wasn't all that bad.

butchered by autocorrect
Old 12-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #106
GOBbluth

Drives: 2012 GTI. White, nav, 6mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post
Yes it does say that. That was a direct copy.

Keep in mind, however, that the ecu doesn't actually report any text like that - it's added by Ross-Tech's software. At least, in my expertise with controls systems, it would be very costly to include all that data and try and pipe it through the CAN bus when your diagnostics tool sits on a PC with nearly limitless storage. Not to mention it's far easier to develop for. I can't envision how vw would want all that in their ecu.

butchered by autocorrect
Wow did not know that. However, I'd find it odd that Ross tech wold add something's that's not up to them.
GOBbluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #107
ibid

Drives: 2012 Golf R 4dr Base w/2010 TDIsold
Interesting how our ECUs have become a black box of sorts saying exactly what happened to help prevent warranty fraud claims.
ibid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #108
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBbluth View Post
Wow did not know that. However, I'd find it odd that Ross tech wold add something's that's not up to them.
Keep in mind that it's an assumption on my part. I don't work for bosch, vw or Ross-Tech, but if i built that control there's no way I'd try to manage all those strings on the ecu. That said, Ross-Tech would want to decode those so that we want to buy their product. No use seeing just a bunch of numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibid View Post
Interesting how our ECUs have become a black box of sorts saying exactly what happened to help prevent warranty fraud claims.
Makes good business sense.

butchered by autocorrect
Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #109
ibid

Drives: 2012 Golf R 4dr Base w/2010 TDIsold
well, I just went to run a code check on my car.. No codes found.. not even a low fuel code that was there when it was new (so obviously that clears out too after time) woot!
ibid is offline   Reply With Quote