GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ruined motor at 4,000 miles

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
Yes it does say that. That was a direct copy.

Keep in mind, however, that the ecu doesn't actually report any text like that - it's added by Ross-Tech's software. At least, in my expertise with controls systems, it would be very costly to include all that data and try and pipe it through the CAN bus when your diagnostics tool sits on a PC with nearly limitless storage. Not to mention it's far easier to develop for. I can't envision how vw would want all that in their ecu.

butchered by autocorrect

Wow did not know that. However, I'd find it odd that Ross tech wold add something's that's not up to them.

chris101

Ready to race!
Interesting how our ECUs have become a black box of sorts saying exactly what happened to help prevent warranty fraud claims.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Wow did not know that. However, I'd find it odd that Ross tech wold add something's that's not up to them.

Keep in mind that it's an assumption on my part. I don't work for bosch, vw or Ross-Tech, but if i built that control there's no way I'd try to manage all those strings on the ecu. That said, Ross-Tech would want to decode those so that we want to buy their product. No use seeing just a bunch of numbers.

Interesting how our ECUs have become a black box of sorts saying exactly what happened to help prevent warranty fraud claims.

Makes good business sense.

butchered by autocorrect

chris101

Ready to race!
well, I just went to run a code check on my car.. No codes found.. not even a low fuel code that was there when it was new (so obviously that clears out too after time) woot!