GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ANYONE IN NORTH CAROLINA

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
I've been very satisfied with Bob King VW here in Wilmington.

If you want a VW, go talk to Reed Haynie at Bob King!

derland86

in camp lejeune just baught a MK VI carbon, six speed man, 18 wheels, interlagos interior pretty much just wondering any vw meets or anything like that go on in the area i used to do em alot when i had my civic si but then baught an rx8 and theyre not that many enthusiasts so i got outta the scene but id like to meet more GTI enthusiasts and get some advice since i havent had a vw since my 2005 jetta 1.8t thanks

Last edited:

ksgarcia1

Ready to race!
that white r32 that you saw is my neighbor. At least, there is a strong possibility that it belongs to my neighbor. I mean seriously, how many white r32s are in Raleigh?

To shooter3jd, I'm afraid I can't be of any help either; I also bought my car out-of-state. Dealerships generally have a service section that you can pull up to and avoid the sales guys, but I haven't been to a VW dealership in Raleigh yet, so I can hardly vouch for any of the local places. Let us know what you find out.

Last edited:

ksgarcia1

Ready to race!
...and I know nothing of any local meets. We could always start something ourselves, we seem to have enough people.

Maybe we could make a group run over to Black Forest Industries, the local APR dealer. I'm still itchin to check that place out and see if they have a good selection of mk6 parts

Last edited:

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
that white r32 that you saw is my neighbor. At least, there is a strong possibility that it belongs to my neighbor. I mean seriously, how many white r32s are in Raleigh?

You can tell your neighbor that he has shattered my dreams of owning the dankest white VW in town.

I could do a run to Dark Forest once things start to settle, but I might be tempted to do something that would break my warranty.

derland86

id love to do both sometime especially APR but im open for anything really itd be nice to know some of the MK6 and other gti owners in the area not that many around here p.s any one know where i can find the supersprint exhaust im in love with the sound and the look of it i want it want it i want it!

ksgarcia1

Ready to race!
No idea about the supersprint exhaust, have you looked online for any local dealers? Lets all pick a time/date to go grab some burgers. Any recommendations for location are welcome.

I spotted an interesting looking place on Hillsborough (W of 440) called European Performance the other night, does anyone know if they sell anything interesting?

bigshoulders

Ready to race!
I am also interested in any advice as to which dealer to take my car to for service.
Have you been to Leith, VW? Kind of a haul from Wake Forest, but I would never under any circumstances take my car to the dealership in Durham. I've dealt with Southern States VW in Raleigh before, but won't be taking the GTI to them for service.

Cackalacka

Ready to race!
Daaaamn, bigshoulders, that craigslist...

13k on the odometer?!?

I've had my MkVI 1 month and 2 weeks, and I've put 4200 miles on it. At this rate, I'll be lapping this Fahrenheit in another 2 1/2 months. Such a crime to have the world's best daily driver and not drive it daily.

I digress, what's steering you away from Southern States in Raleigh? I've only had nominal encounters with the salespeople at SS and Cary Autopark; what has been the pros and cons with dealing with SS and Leith?

ksgarcia1

Ready to race!
I just saw that Fahrenheit two days ago on Blue Ridge. We thumbed up each other.

Good story, right?

Anyway, saw a white GTI mk6 pulling onto Avent Ferry near NCSU around 8pm. Any of you guys?

Last edited:

bigshoulders

Ready to race!
I digress, what's steering you away from Southern States in Raleigh? I've only had nominal encounters with the salespeople at SS and Cary Autopark; what has been the pros and cons with dealing with SS and Leith?

Most of my experience has been about service. I did buy my GTI from Leith, and felt I got a pretty good buying experience from there, but on the day I took delivery, I did feel rushed and didn't really get to go over the car as well as I would have liked, but that's just a one-time thing, and I don't hold it against them.

To be honest, I haven't had the folks at Southern States VW work on the GTI. I did take my TDI there for a timing belt oh, about 100,000 miles ago. (It's pushing over 230,xxx now.) One time they changed out some glow plugs on the car. They quoted me the wrong price and only changed out one or two that were bad. I found out years later that glow plugs should *always* be changed out together and not mis-matched. Kind of like batteries--you don't mix new with the old. When I really think about it, they didn't go out of their way to win me over. Maybe other folks have a different experience, but I was never impressed.

Leith, on the other hand, has always taken care of me. Given me a loaner on a 10 year old VW (even when they didn't have to) and have done good, solid work on the car, taking the time to explain things and make sure I understood what was done to the car. I don't take the TDI to them anymore, as I've found a very good mechanic (who knows TDIs) in Raleigh that does top-notch work. But the GTI is under warranty so I'll be taking it to Leith VW for any service for the long run.

The independent mechanic in Raleigh is Robert Drake, over at Autobahn Automotive. He's an honest, stand-up guy and really takes care of his customers. I highly recommend him.

Last edited: