GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock GTI tails and LED reverse light bulbs question

JJGTI10

Hello,

Total newb with this car here. Didn't know it was gonna be so finicky with bulbs. :iono:

So here's the question. I've tried searching, but keep coming across people talking about LED tail lights. I bought some "error free" LEDs for the reverse lights from eBay and I put them in and they don't light up at all and we get the error light on the dash. I've seen people post that they get errors, but I never see anyone stating that the LEDs aren't lighting up. I've tried flipping them and nothing happens except for the LEDs light up extremely dimly and without even being in reverse. So did they send me defective ones or is there something else that I need to do? They fit snug and are not loose at all. Don't know what else to do. Is there something I have to do with coding? Neighbor has VAGCOM.

Thanks for any help on this in advance!

-Jason

JJGTI10

eBay. Never had problems buying LEDs from there before for other cars. So I wasn't sure if I was very lucky to get two that don't work or if it's something to do with the car.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
They should work even if u get a bulb out light. The part that leads me to believe they’re shot are that they work even though dim one way or the other. I’d return them or toss em in the nearest trash can and go to deautokey and never have another bulb issue or customer service issue at least. All my lights are deauto and I won’t shop anywhere else for bulbs and kits. What are you waiting for?! Lol

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
They're probably just bad bulb. Return them and order from DeAutokey. Or, if I was you , I would save my money and wait til you get LED tails, because you will eventually get LED tails. :laugh: we all do.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
They're probably just bad bulb. Return them and order from DeAutokey. Or, if I was you , I would save my money and wait til you get LED tails, because you will eventually get LED tails. :laugh: we all do.

Facts my bro but he’ll still need those LED reverse and turns...

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
They should work even if u get a bulb out light. The part that leads me to believe they’re shot are that they work even though dim one way or the other. I’d return them or toss em in the nearest trash can and go to deautokey and never have another bulb issue or customer service issue at least. All my lights are deauto and I won’t shop anywhere else for bulbs and kits. What are you waiting for?! Lol

Thanks for the support, this is why we do this!

7440 reverse LEDs are impossible to be error free for the mk6 GTI - we have what we have seen to be the only option that is error free on the market currently:
http://deautokey.com/product/reverse-lights-mk6-vw-gti-golf-super-bright-pure-white-error-free

These are the brightest 7440 in general
NO outside resistors or wires
All 100% plug and play easy bulb swap!

Our LEDs are tested to be bright and work in the MK6 - no issues with not being able to see amber turns in sun light, no issue with errors or lights staying on or being too blue:
http://deautokey.com/category/shop-by-car-model-vw-gti-golf-mk6-2010-2014

For people with euro LED tails you need these reverse so there is no confusion:
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti-golf-euro-taillights-reverse-cree-led-kit-error-free-and-bright

Thank you

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the support, this is why we do this!

Thank you

You stay fitted with the newest technology that’s reasonably priced and the quality and customer service in general is unlike most so you scratch our back we scratch yours!!!

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
You stay fitted with the newest technology that’s reasonably priced and the quality and customer service in general is unlike most so you scratch our back we scratch yours!!!

Thanks for the amazing feedback, many people unfortunately find out company after their LEDs don't work in their car.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the amazing feedback, many people unfortunately find out company after their LEDs don't work in their car.

I didn’t waste my time, I’ve been a customer with DeAuto going on 4 years now? Most of my lights are original too and every possible light for this car besides my door welcome logos are DeAuto. I don’t want to jinx myself so I’m knocking on wood but even when stuff went wrong you guys always took care of me. I’ll never forget my first set of fogs that were delivered to my old apartment during the Christmas season and were stolen off my porch and I called the post office and made a claim to find out they were definitely stolen and when I explained my situation to you guys I was sent a new set as a courtesy free of charge. So these guys that want to rep eBay and try and be thread jacking heros can be my guest but they don’t realize that when those “inexpensive led’s” fail or cause further damage, that 1 there’s no customer support and if there is they’re not going to cater to them the way DeAuto will for life! 2 they’re going to either end up beat shelling out repair costs and or buying more bulbs/kits anyway. Why deny the lifetime warranty and quick friendly customer service? The quality is there too! DeAuto bro no brainer.

P.S. I’m not sponsored nor do I receive endorsements for giving my reviews. I’m not a DeAuto dick rider by any means. I just give respect where respects due.

[emoji1365]