GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Euro Cup Holder Install **Pretty Easy Install**

Keegygti

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I unscrewed the whole centre console and I can't pull it out. This is the most stupidest mod I have ever done.... Im about to give it up!

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I unscrewed the whole centre console and I can't pull it out. This is the most stupidest mod I have ever done.... Im about to give it up!

And there is a clip on the bottom of the handbrake lever. I think you need to take the lever out as well.

Attachments

• f9bf7a216cab8a77a8beba6886aa42c3.jpg
    f9bf7a216cab8a77a8beba6886aa42c3.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,006

Keegygti

Passed Driver's Ed
The red question mark is the air conditioning... Im trying to take the whole thing out but I think the AC is in the way.....

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
The red question mark is the air conditioning... Im trying to take the whole thing out but I think the AC is in the way.....

Im talking about the circled screw, when I did mine, I just get all the screw out and lift it up enough so i can unbolt the cupholder.

Keegygti

Passed Driver's Ed
I got it figured out [emoji15] I forgot to take the screw out under the rubber in the cup holder. I got it installed! Holy lol thanks for the help tho. Much appreciated!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I finally got one installed this weekend. I've wanted these damn cup holders since I bought the car over 3 years lol

The install wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be, but it was still a pain in the ass. I actually managed to put all the panels back together correctly, and somehow I was able to unscrew the old cupholder out and screw the new one in. A little t20 screwdriver would have helped a lot for this...

http://furmanka.blogspot.com/2006/03/uchwyt-na-kubki-euro-cupholder.html
I used this guide for some of the pictures that were missing in the OP. I know it's not the same car, but the rear AC area is set up just like our car.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
I would like to give this DIY a shot. I see that original pics have been removed. Has anyone converted the OP's post w/ pics into PDF that can be shared with me? Thanks much in advance!

Last edited:

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Finally had it installed. Took all time in the world to make sure everything is fit perfect.
I would like to thank INC55 for the original DIY and for answering all my questions via PM's. I also would like to thank you GIACUser for the Photobucket workaround solution using Google Chrome plug-in. I wouldn't have been able to get this install done without the pics. I am not much of a DIY/mechanic person.
Golfmk6 is a great community. Thank you!!!

Not being a DIY guy, I don't have many tools at home. This wrench was a lifesaver for me for many tight spots that I had to deal with.

I used shop towels to protect finishes around the parts that I had to yank around and also to cover the abyss where I could have dropped torx screws accidentally.

Making sure to take time to push and line up all panels as I was tightening the torx screws really helped tightening all panel gaps

Loving it!

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Cool DIY. Any updated version out there that has the pictures showing? All the hosted pics of the DIY are *POOF*

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Cool DIY. Any updated version out there that has the pictures showing? All the hosted pics of the DIY are *POOF*

The one I linked above is gonna be the best you'll find.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion

You can download a photobucket embed fix extension on google chrome or firefox that will revert pictures back to how they were before photobucket decided to start charging for 3rd party hosting.