GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'11 gti k04 vs 04-06 gto

papaskot

Passed Driver's Ed
guy pulls up next to me at a light that quickly merges. light goes green and neither of us floor it, i match his speed just so he has to merge behind me, he guns it, i gun it...he's behind me.

all this with a slipping stock clutch, i was actually suprised :) first race with the k04 as i didnt think it's worth it until i get a new clutch.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Depending on the year, he could have had "only" 350hp or 400.

GTmyI

Ready to race!
Inb4coolstorybro comment!!

kurupt_hawaiian

Ready to race!
If it had dual exhaust tips, it's a 6.0, the ones with tips on one side of the car is the 5.7. My friend has an 04 GTO, it has a 5.7 in there. It's not as fast as I thought it would be. We never had a legit race, but he can't run away from my Stage 2 GTI.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Damn. People around here (SW Michigan) think these cars are gods of cheap power. IMO while the power is cheap you get a lot of baggage. Like 100-120 friction hp becauseinferiorinterior :D

trd420

Go Kart Champion
The 04 GTO (LS1) was pretty slow. Stock they ran the 1/4 in about 14 flat @ 102mph some seeing 13.8-13.9. There big and Heavy, hell I think a stage 2 GTI would pull a 04 Especially now because a 04 now will probably have 100,000+miles on it. now a 05-06 GTO (LS2) would pull a stage 2 gti all day..... but a k04 would walk all over one from a roll, they run the 1/4 in 13 flat @ 106mph... Ko4's trap about 110+ mph