GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I keep looking?

slc71

Hey All. My current vehicle is a F150 and since my honeydew list is about done it is time to sell it. I have been researching the 2013-14 Focus ST, 2010-13 Mazdaspeed3, 2010-11 WRX and the 2010-2013 GTI.
Today I test drove a ST and it was enjoyable to drive.
In my area there was only ONE GTI in a 75 mile radius which was a 2014 Driver's Edition @ 30k and it was on the showroom floor. So I sat in it and check it all out. It may sound weird but after sitting down there was this feeling of "Wow this just feels right"...
So this gets to my question in anyone's opinion is it worth even looking at the Mazdaspeed3 and WRX since I will have to drive about 3 hours to check them out.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
DE should be able to get you around $4K off MSRP. Which IL dealer were you at?

slc71

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
if the new WRX, yes - but that will be closer to 26k.

MS3's were going for insane prices a while back when new, like 21k or 20k-ish - BRAND NEW. not sure if they would have any 2013's left over, but sure, you should drive things before you make a decision.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Definitely drive everything. It can change everything for a buyer.

slc71

if the new WRX, yes - but that will be closer to 26k.

MS3's were going for insane prices a while back when new, like 21k or 20k-ish - BRAND NEW. not sure if they would have any 2013's left over, but sure, you should drive things before you make a decision.

I would be buying used on anything but the Focus ST. I am heading down to Atlanta this week maybe I will do some test driving down there.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The ST has some deep discounts new, no doubt. Same goes for the fiesta ST.

slc71

Thanks for the information all. I test drove the 2013 drivers edition they had, all I can say is wow. The focus or Mazda is not even in the same ballpark as the GTI. When I was on the interstate and nailed it to pass some cars :happyanim:
The ride was so smooth and it was a perfect fit for me. Time to get the F150 sold.

Thanks again