GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Passenger Window Squealing (any insight appreciated)

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
One of mine did this for a while, it went away on its own, i didn’t even notice it stopped to be honest as it’s only this thread that’s reminded me it ever did it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marksix

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine is as clean as it can possibly get without removing anything. Did he have to remove the entire door panel I'm assuming to remove the trim molding?

No not the entire door panel. It was a 20 minute job. I didn't see him do the repair but I believe what he did was pop out the trim molding with a pick tool and lube/pass a wire to remove all the dirt that was stuck there.

Also my window did the same noise as in the video that was posted and it was not a bad window regulator. Please try this before it could save you some money.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Mine also made the exact same noise as the video, it wasn’t a bad regulator either, just needed cleaning/lubrication, it stopped not long after with a bit of use.

JSwag420

Ready to race!
Mine also made the exact same noise as the video, it wasn’t a bad regulator either, just needed cleaning/lubrication, it stopped not long after with a bit of use.

I noticed mine completely stop if it's under 70 degrees (which is rare in FL). If it's above 70, it's shrieks all the way up. Thinking I'm gonna take my door panel off for a deep cleaning. Replace the felt too probably.