GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Old Yesterday, 04:37 PM   #6553
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
THC here
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM   #6554
Hijinx
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 GTI w/DSG
Anyone ADHD like me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DDs: 16 Civic Sedan / 16 Fiesta SE
Hijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM   #6555
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 2003 Subaru Wrx Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
Anyone ADHD like me?

i used to think i had adhd but then what did everyone get for lunch?

chyeah
BoostedVW11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM   #6556
Hijinx
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 GTI w/DSG
ChiChat16: Baumy Makes Desperate Attempt At Thread Title - Forum Revolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
i used to think i had adhd but then what did everyone get for lunch?

Oh, itís already afternoon. I guess I am kind of hungry. Was too busy hyper-focusing to eat...or go to the bathroom. Anyway, have you seen that thing I was looking for two weeks ago? I forgot why I was looking for it.

Side note: I keep an agenda for school and time myself on homework. Iíd be screwed, otherwise. I have my ADHD under pretty good control without meds, but my life is a constant replay of walking into a room and forgetting why I went there in the first place. I often return empty handed without a clue or with something other than what I went for.

DDs: 16 Civic Sedan / 16 Fiesta SE
Hijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM   #6557
Sandbagger
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phur View Post
Yes, I will be going for a 4 year degree with zero credits right now. I plan on finishing faster than that though. I will start out this spring semester at normal pace while my son is still living at home because I donít want to sacrifice any more of the little time that I have left with him. After that I will probably double-up on classes. They also offer masters programs, so who knows...
Iím really looking forward to college. Aside from writing reports I see myself doing quite well. I just feel extremely out of my depth as far as that goes. If they are not timed, I can just work harder and longer to compensate. Itís just the timed ones that I am really freaking out about. That isnít how my brain tends to work. I took my math placement tests yesterday and was honestly quite impressed with how I did, considering it has been 20 years since I have been in school.
Luckily my son is fantastic in English. Honestly, his only weakness is history. I plan on getting help/tutoring from him. It is just a bit difficult because since everything is relative, things that he doesnít even have to think about are a major struggle for me just because I am wired differently.

Went back to school when I was 27 and earned a degree in Mechanical Engineering at Purdue. My oldest son graduated with a degree in Biological Engineering, and my youngest son is a junior studying Chemical Engineering. The point Iím trying to make is the School of Engineering hasnít changed. You need to worry less about your writing skills and focus on math, Math, and more MATH. The most important thing to remember is not to overwhelm yourself with to many difficult classes in one semester. I can promise that you will fall behind in everything and will crash and burn. If you do feel that your falling behind swallow your pride and ask for help as soon as possible. Last thing is to find yourself a good study group - it takes to much time to learn how to do problems by yourself.
Old Today, 12:55 AM   #6558
Phur
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Thanks for the advice, and the insight. It is very much appreciated.

Phur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
# assman, #aprsafe, bart is still confused, boosted is a good guy tbh, buttplugs ftw, diabeetus, stop calling him tuna plz, taco bell makes me poo, too much tuna, tuna is a penis master, tuna trolls