GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need some upgrade/tune advice!

d..m..b

Have a 1.4 S all standard stock.

I want to do some upgrading to the whole car but im gonna start with the engine......

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks

oileoi1

Passed Driver's Ed
Changing the air filter is a good start, the car breathes much better. You can a decent one for around AU$120

take the engine out and put in a v6

Man what kind of advice is that! might as well buy another car! but i must admit it was funny :laugh:

Bugsy_Malone 666

Passed Driver's Ed
Look up volkswagen motorsport, they are part of VW (the racing team) and have done alot of developements for the mk5 golf.

I think its a case of how much do you have to spend?

VW motorsport do a replacement foam airfilter for £51 odd I think ( which I was looking the other day) after that I guess there might be something you could do in way of exhaust, but really to up potential your looking at a remap and having had a quick look into those, regardless of who does it the starting bracket is about 500quid!

SilverDSG

Superchips do a ECU remap for the mk5 73bhp 1.4 (is that the same as the mk6 1.4 80ps??). They claim a 5bhp increase for £230.

Have you got standard steel rims with plastic caps? If it were me the first thing I would look into would be some alloys....

d..m..b

Yeh standard steel rims,

Im looking at getting some alloys and a discount price as my mk6 has been back due to a scratch that they put there and they have put a dint in the wheel arch! so now its got to go to liverpool so i want some compensation so im gonna try get some alloys cheap!

But on the other hand i have heard they are pretty stingy with stuff like that!

but yeh im getting some alloys and looking for some cheaper but good quality upgrades

evo1986

I might be selling my Vancouver alloys only if I manage to get a set of detroits for my GTD

I work for VW Cheltenham and you wont get much from anyone once the car has gone and been paid for.

d..m..b

I might be selling my Vancouver alloys only if I manage to get a set of detroits for my GTD

I work for VW Cheltenham and you wont get much from anyone once the car has gone and been paid for.

I have got the car but when i went to pick it up there was a scratch on it, i was told it had no defects it was pristine. so they sprayed it with cheap paint and put a dint in the wing...

Just waiting for a call back from the manager.. i aint hoping for much but ill try get as much as i can lol!

Detroits would look great on your GTD, how much you wanting for the vancouvers? good condition etc....?

Ad do you know if the GTD grills fit onto a standard s? really liking the honeycomb and them fogs!

Thanks!

Lunar

Ya air filter is a start, i changed mine, sounds better at least!