GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

lol wtf?

FLIPSCOUT

str8dubn
so I went to my local stealership (Koeppel), there was a preeety TR GTI, with detrioits, xenons, sunroof, jacky cloth, blah blah etc...I begin to talk with a salesman and of course I ask about the Golf R...he said that he gets alot of people asking him, and that he says that they are not going to bring it to the U.S. He said that his "trainers" said that, and in my head I am thinking , well the only reason why your "trainers" said that is because they want the shopper to look into buying a GTI instead, for now....then he begins to tell me that what they will bring is a CC R instead of the Golf R. I tried to be polite as much as possible, while trying to act clueless, but in my head the whole time I was saying HORSE SHIT!! wtf is this guy talking about, I ask him about the motor the CC R would have and he didnt know, and began to tell me about the steering wheel and seats, body kit, blah blah...lol since when was there a CC R? anyone? any opinions? input? the fact that "they will not bring the Golf R to the U.S is beyond me, the fact that he already said how alot of people asked him, and with all this hype coming from within the community, forums and etc...I would not understand how they will not bring the Golf R over here. There are so many people here in the U.S (including myself) that are ready to buy one as soon as it comes here...lol I wanna drive up into the showroom and peel out with my Golf R and ask the salesman again if its coming here... :lol:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
There are a few idiots out there unfortunately.

We are all crossing our fingers that it comes here --- we need to fill the void for the loss of the R32.

JimmyT1

Passed Driver's Ed
man, we should find something out after the turn of the year... just like the MK V R 32. listen to the GTI/GOLF/BEETLE project manager on PURE EURO RADIO. He talks about the exchange rate being the main limiting factor to bringing the car over. SO GO-GO ECONOMIC RECOVERY!!!!

Purie

Passed Driver's Ed
I asked the same question at my local dealer and he told it will for sure come, VW wants to sell more cars and be number so their going to bring in more cars with more options to entice buyers to buy VW. As far as time he didn't know but guessed 1 year after GTI launch so it won't snag buys who might buy GTI and upgrade to GTI-R (something I'm about to do). But the bad news is to not hold your breath on a manual, the mkV R32 had the same debate and the reason for not offering a manual was federalization, it would cost to much for a gamble that might not pay off. Ya I know it could be a story to sell a car but I'm not going to wait and when my lease is up well I can get into a mkVI GTI-R, the models aren't gonna die off in 3 years.

zee

Go Kart Champion
LOL. I would milk that and ask him about a status of the CC R, each time I see him.

mongo1

Ready to race!
He talks about the exchange rate being the main limiting factor to bringing the car over. SO GO-GO ECONOMIC RECOVERY!!!!

I'd love to be optimistic, but I don't see economic recovery anytime in the near future... I hope I'm wrong.

Wild Hare

The car is "officially named the Golf-R"... not R20 or GTI-R!!!

VW has announced this to be true name of this vehicle including if it comes to the states the name will not be changed or altered.

I have confirmed this with VWOA and Jamie on VWvortex has posted this as well:

Motorauthority/Car Connection (both are owned by the same company) are wrong. There is NO GTI-R model outside of a SEMA show car from nearly three years ago. Likewise there is no R20 model. There is only a Golf R model. VWoA is *still* working on trying to nail down pricing and specs. Once that has been agreed upon with Germany, then management here has to approve it.
*IF* the Golf R gets approved for this market you won't see it here for at least a year from now.

Soon as we know something we'll let you know.

-jamie

Jamie's post:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4520252&page=13

DSG_MASTER

DSG!!Manstyle!!
OP, Don't rag on the salesperson when all he's telling you are facts, not speculations:

1. The Golf R has not been confirmed by VW of America that it is coming for sure. VW product trainers only tell facts confirmed by VW, not wishful thinking.

2. There is supposed to be a CC R-line. There aren't many details about it. They talked about it last week at the VW dealer meeting with Stefan Jacoby.

Don't believe everything you read in the forums.

FLIPSCOUT

str8dubn
true. well im not really hating on him. I am just clueless and wondering...and of course I am hearing what I dont want to hear so thats why i might come off as a lil raggy...
I know there is no official release, but IMO its going to be real stupid if they are not gonna bring this car over

Wild Hare

OP, Don't rag on the salesperson when all he's telling you are facts, not speculations:

1. The Golf R has not been confirmed by VW of America that it is coming for sure. VW product trainers only tell facts confirmed by VW, not wishful thinking.

2. There is supposed to be a CC R-line. There aren't many details about it. They talked about it last week at the VW dealer meeting with Stefan Jacoby.

Don't believe everything you read in the forums.
You tell 'em Tukk! And I believe there has to a replacement for the R32 and the CC R-line won't be that answer.

Wild Hare

The CC is cosmetic only, no performance upgrades. VW needs to bring the Golf-R to fill the void --- period! Even in limited numbers I'd hate to go to the Japanese side of the house!!!