GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SawwuceBawse gets a mk6!

sawwucebawse

Passed Driver's Ed
Very nice. Do you know where the original owner had the interior done? I'm looking to do something similar.

From what I understand, it was done in Mexico. The previous owner has a family member down there who owns an upholstery shop. Car was driven down and driven back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sawwucebawse

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, I'm already starting to piece together an air kit. Bags and management are already taken care of. I have a friend selling a mk6 kit, so I'm getting that and new rear upper spacers from airlift. Just ordered this battery relocation kit from the A3 so I can mount the management and compressor inside to free up some trunk space. Doing that will allow me to keep the spares do full functionality. I mean, it's a daily so I need it to still allow me to throw in a bunch of stuff.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
^any chance i can talk you out of bagging the Racing version of the golf?

#causemeanttoberaced

sawwucebawse

Passed Driver's Ed
^any chance i can talk you out of bagging the Racing version of the golf?

#causemeanttoberaced

Yeahhhhh......no. Lol. I'm a firm believer in both air and coils, and believe they have their respective uses. The simplicity of coil overs is nice and I have them on my 7 series. But I don't drive that everyday, so I can manage with not being able to go certain places. With air, the amount of adjustability is great and something I'll need with a 50+ mile round trip commute for work. Air isn't what it used to be and has been tried and tested over the years. The new kits they have out are great, and handle almost exactly like a coil over suspension. But there is nothing like seeing it layed out on the ground.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Yeahhhhh......no. Lol. I'm a firm believer in both air and coils, and believe they have their respective uses. Simplicity is nice and I have coils on my 7 series. But I don't drive that everyday, so I can manage with not being able to go certain places. With air, the amount of adjustability is great and something I'll need with a 50+ mile round trip commute for work. Air isn't what it used to be and has been tried and tested over the years. The new kits they have out are great, and handle almost exactly like a coil over suspension.

I see you're local, next season you should come out to the track with some of us and show us how that air performs

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I see you're local, next season you should come out to the track with some of us and show us how that air performs
this
Sounds like a plan. Autobahn? Or do you guys head up to gingerman?
Autobahn full track, awesome course..be happy you live so close to such a nice track .
mostly autobahn but a few of us are planning trips to gingerman and road america as well. Then a few others are going down to NCM motorsports in kentucky.
^ road america looks awesome but highly fast

sawwucebawse

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's the rear tub in the flesh. It will house the compressor and the manifold nicely and be fully tucked away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk