GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whats the cai filter cone size on the 2.5l ? anyone?

Ideal214

Passed Driver's Ed
Im doing a custom built and molded c.a.intake for my 2.5l I have some sheets of pure carbon fiber left from a project that I will wrap around a mold im making to fit the engine bay perfectly down behind the headlight. So ill save myself about 250-280 $$ might make multiples and sell some if all goes well.Price depending on material.

Ive made boxes and custom molded intakes before so im familiar with the process just need the filter cone size to buy the right filter and cuplars to support the end today.

any help/ suggestions would be appreciated.

ChiGuyGolf2.5

Ready to race!
Im doing a custom built and molded c.a.intake for my 2.5l I have some sheets of pure carbon fiber left from a project that I will wrap around a mold im making to fit the engine bay perfectly down behind the headlight. So ill save myself about 250-280 $$ might make multiples and sell some if all goes well.Price depending on material.

Ive made boxes and custom molded intakes before so im familiar with the process just need the filter cone size to buy the right filter and cuplars to support the end today.

any help/ suggestions would be appreciated.

Every bit of info regarding the carbonio filter is here. Including K&N Part # and Filter Size. Not sure if thats what you were looking for but meh...

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31836

ChiGuyGolf2.5

Ready to race!
yes that will do thank you. unless its for the gti i have the 2.5l not the 2.0t

OD Filter body = 4 7/8"
OD Lip = 3 5/8"
ID Lip = 3 1/8"
L Lip = 3/4"

Hmm. Well the K&N Filter replacement is DEFINITELY for the 2.5 carbonio. I am not sure about those measurements. Do a search on the K&N filter number and look up its dimensions. That will give ya what you need for sure.

Edit: I wasn't lazy and did it for you.

Part RU-2820 Product Specifications
Product Style: Round Straight Universal Air Filter
Flange Inside Diameter: 3 in (76 mm)
Flange Length: 0.625 in (16 mm)
Flange Type: Centered
Height: 6.5 in (165 mm)
Outside Diameter: 5 in (127 mm)
Top Style: Rubber
Top Material/Finish: None
Filter Material: Cotton Gauze
Flanges: 1
Filter Re-Oiling Amount: 1.15 oz (34 ml)
Inner Wire: No
Weight: 1.2 lb (0.5 kg)
Product Box Length: 6.88 in (175 mm)
Product Box Width: 6.88 in (175 mm)
Product Box Height: 7.88 in (200 mm)

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=ru-2820