GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

United Motorsports Ultimate turbo

thygreyt

Racekor.
Info@UnitedMotorsport said:
Ladies and Gents,

We took our 2.5L development car over to the dyno to see what sort of numbers we're making.

310 awhp (smoothed number from chart)
267 awftlbs (smoothed number from chart)

9psi boost.

Why 'awhp': This car is 4wd. Running Mk5 R32 Haldex / rear end and modified O2M 6sp
gearbox upfront.

General Car Specs:
2007 VW Rabbit 2.5L
Stock engine
United Motorsport Short Runner Intake Manifold
550cc Injectors
Stock MAF
Stock Fuel Pump
6262BB Turbo
3" exhaust.
4Motion

Why call this 'Ultimate': These results show what is possible with a minimal hardware change setup. (all 'bolt-on' parts, and no opening of the engine)
Stock MAF.
Stock fuel pump.

Why stop at just ~9psi boost: We hit MAF max. The next step is to change the maf and turn it up, simple.

The purpose of this exercise is to further refine UM's superior 2.5L product offering.

turbo set up can be bought from Blue water performance,

what else do you want to know? :D

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!
sure. Jetta's have the power steering issue.. on which they cant use an intake mani... not right now anyways.

but this kit is for a 2.5L...

for buyers, and interested in VERY specific details, contact blue water performance.
I have never seen any 2010+ models with turbo:confused:. If the kit is available for 2.5 mkvi, please give me more info. Thanks

Eneubauer

Go Kart Champion
I tend to believe you are wrong otherwise people would have done this already. I have been talking with c2 motorsports and they were testing their kit out last week. If it was as simple as buying the mk5 turbo kit from the rabbit I would have it already. although its the same engine there are definite differences in fitment and making things work out.

thygreyt

Racekor.
It hasn't been done because no one has stepped up yet.

C2 is another story. They have yet to release 09+ software... United motorsport has had it for almost a year.. in fact they had an 09 rabbit turbo last year at waterfest.

I'm not here to bash anyone, merely to bring you guys news on the 2.5 world.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

thygreyt

Racekor.
ecu wise, I think not.

I think you can't port flash because of the security and the protocols used on the obd.

The ecu if I'm not mistaken is still a Bosch me17.5 with a Siemens processor.

I'll ask and let you know.

But the short answer: no one has stepped up.

thygreyt

Racekor.
i think you forgot one main thing here... this is STAGE 1!!!!

Lol, yes.

Other companies might call this a stage 2 because its intercooled.
But in reality, a non cooled set up is dangerous.. and it, under the right conditions, it could cause serious damage. This is why the bw400 kit starts with a cooler.

There is no point on selling a product without the cooler just to have a lower initial cost for morketing purposes.