GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

11 GTI vs. 08 WRX

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
Lol that's a good story you got there... When did you wake up from your racing dream? Don't come on here with a story like this with no video... Makes our "vs" section look retarded.

jaja123

Ready to race!
if it was a stock 08 wrx then this is possible but tuned? idk. They really are slow when their stock though. There was a stock 1.8t that ran neck and neck with one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD8WAeTW19A. I actually outran a 2.5 impreza gt(basically a wrx with luxury features and an automatic) with my bolt on golf 2.5. The 09 is much much quicker. My friend has an 09 wrx and its bolt with stage 2 and it goes strong. But a stage 2 gti is not too far away from a tuned 09 wrx actaully.

Dybz

Banned
just so everyone knows...stock vs stock the 08 is a second slower in the 1/4 mile....the tuned 08 should run low to mid 14s so this is entirely believable...with the exception of the dig haha

this.

nubs come in here knowing nothing about anything and claim bullshit. GTFO nubs... GTFO...

DubbinDurim

Ready to race!
just so everyone knows...stock vs stock the 08 is a second slower in the 1/4 mile....the tuned 08 should run low to mid 14s so this is entirely believable...with the exception of the dig haha

Tuned with full turboback and intake should run high 13s. I believe the 09s stock low 13s

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
Tuned with full turboback and intake should run high 13s. I believe the 09s stock low 13s

08 stock ~14.5....tuned high 13s

09 stock ~13.5...tuned can get to 12s in best case scenario

the 08s don't gain as much from tuning, because the turbo is too small for the motor...worse than the k03 on the gti's....swithching to the vf52 is the best thing they can do for an 08

and the subies are more impressive in a 1/4 than a roll because of the awd anchor they drag

jstrau8

Ready to race!
ok guys, I had an 08 wrx with a cobb tune and full exhaust and I can personally say that it is POSSIBLE. If there is a pretty bad driver i could see it. Unless it is a perfect car, these things bog down off the line, and from a roll it was pretty useless.