GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dado's CW 2010 Golf 2.5L

davserbic

Ready to race!

NEW GOODIES!!

SO EXCITED!

I finally just purchased some GOLF R LED taillights and can't wait to finally get them in! I know that this is probably something I should have done earlier but I figured tackling suspension, wheels and tires first would be a good start.

The car will finally begin to look good!

PARTS

• Golf R LED Tailights

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!

COLOR MATCHED SIDE MARKERS

After lurking some threads across here and MK6 forums, I made the decision to get color matched side markers. Unfortunately, NO ONE has 2.5L Golf markers in CW.

Sooooo I decided to paint my own rather than waiting or hunting down pairs that are retailing for $130 new.

I purchased Dupli-Color Candy White (LB9A) Exact-Match Automotive Paint from Amazon as well as Primer and High Gloss Clear Coat. If you scroll down, you'll see the kit paired together. Price for all three: $23.07

I popped my side markers out by unscrewing four screws T27 screws from the wheel well splash shields, peeled the plastic a smidgen and they popped out like a charm. I cleaned them with alcohol rub and some cotton cleaning pads to get all of the dirt and dust from the surface. Shortly after they were clean, I used a "00" Grade 3M brush to scratch the surface for the primer to have scratches to adhere to. Once the surface has been scuffed up lightly all the way around and edges, I applied primer to the lights and waited for the primer to cure. After curing the primer, I used 600 grit sandpaper to sand down the primer a bit by sanding in small "X" like patterns to get cross grain scratches to form. Once that was done and the dust was cleaned off again, I applied the paint. Four coats of paint, little by little the side markers began to take true color. After letting the paint cure, I applied high gloss clear coat to give them a good shine.

Take a look, not too shabby I think.

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!

EUROPEAN CUP HOLDER + GOLF SEAT LEVER INSERTS

What do europeans like? Neat things. You know what's neat? The european cupholder.

You've seen it, I've seen it. You know what it looks like and what it does. Just posting a few photos from the after the swap.

I didn't find a DIY exactly for my car, but referenced an MK5 DIY that helped a bit. My car does not have those "Oh Shit" handles like in the photos. Other than that, relatively easy in and out swap.

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!

GOLF R LED TAIL LIGHTS

FINALLY.

I've BEEN waiting on a pair to come my way and they're finally here! I'm really excited to own a pair.

This particular set is Dark Cherry Red with Clear Turn Signals — can be found here. [EBAY]

I need to go back and play a bit more with the fitment but overall a great great turn out. The tails really bring the body lines together while delivering a sportier and more aggressive look.

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!

TRIGGER FINGER ITCHY

FINALLY.

A few quick snaps of the lights with my girlfriends 10mm lens.

Last edited:

northendroid

Love what you've done! sub'd! 2.5L guys need to stick together LOL! Tail lights are awesome. The Golf is my son's actually but dad likes to mod it and drive it. It a big change from my TDI Passat.

Zach L

VR junkie
Amazing how a few choice mods can turn even a base Golf into such a great looking vehicle. Too often people are impatient and ruin their car with cheap cosmetic mods that they can do quickly. Props for buying quality parts and doing it right!

davserbic

Ready to race!
Amazing how a few choice mods can turn even a base Golf into such a great looking vehicle. Too often people are impatient and ruin their car with cheap cosmetic mods that they can do quickly. Props for buying quality parts and doing it right!

Thanks! I greatly appreciate that Zach. I feel like I'm just checking off the essentials honestly. Later down the road I'd like to start doing unique and more individual mods.

Love what you've done! sub'd! 2.5L guys need to stick together LOL! Tail lights are awesome. The Golf is my son's actually but dad likes to mod it and drive it. It a big change from my TDI Passat.

Haha 2.5ers do need to stick together. You're son is very lucky then ha, wish my dad had the same mentality. The idea of a turning a wrench for fun makes him nauseous. Now to explain to him about a bagged setup and get past WHY Id like to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davserbic

Ready to race!

WAREHOUSE FUN

Got some new shots outside of a warehouse.

Played around a bit in Lightroom and Photoshop.

End Result.

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!
Curb Rashed My Wheel

Curb crashed one of my wheels last night...

Really bummed me out. Though now I have an excuse to fiddle around with some repair work. I'll be going through some youtube videos for wheel repair and buy necessary parts I need to do the work.

Thus far this is what I concluded I need:
  • Glaze or Spot Bondo Putty
  • Red Creme Hardener
  • Rubber/Silicone Scraper Tools
  • 200 Grit Sandpaper
  • 320 Grit Sandpaper
  • 800 Grit Sandpaper
  • 1000 Grit Sandpaper
  • 3200 Grit Sandpaper
  • High Performance Primer
  • Dupli-color Silver Spray Paint
  • High Gloss Performance Clear Coat

George11

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear about your curb rash, best of luck in the repair. Mind posting some detailed photos of the progress when fixing?

efa5

Ready to race!
Great documentation. Wish I kept a journal along the way of my 2.5 build. Maybe I'll try and put something together when I find some time. Keep it up.

davserbic

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear about your curb rash, best of luck in the repair. Mind posting some detailed photos of the progress when fixing?

Thanks! I will do my best and keep my fingers crossed it comes out great.

I'll try to post up some more detailed photos as I do the work to give you an insight as to what I am doing! I've been skipping that part because I get so excited and fixated on what I am doing.

Great documentation. Wish I kept a journal along the way of my 2.5 build. Maybe I'll try and put something together when I find some time. Keep it up.

You should! Just takes a few minutes a day to jot a note down or two but the overall support and feedback you get in return really REALLY helps. I constantly learn something new.