GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr tuned w/ unitronic intake

firsttimebuyer

Ready to race!
I like my cts also, there are alot of cts haters out there though. If i change for some odd reason i am going to build my own intake and keep the cts heat shield. If I had one complaint it would be that cts only has on hold down for the heat shield.

Sidenote: stay out of large bodies of water and there wont be a hydrolock. ie, ponds, lakes, seas, oceans, gulfs, and straights. :lol:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
CTS intake is great. I have the Gen 1 style with the moved MAF.

However seeing that new IE intake makes me want that lol. Im also going Franken Turbo soon (hopefully) so i feel like the maf back in stock location along with a lot wider opening for more flow will help the slightly larger turbo.

And to melpwnGTi Eurodyne.

kbrett11

Ready to race!
Not really a fan of the ie intake. Looks blandin the engine bay. I take my car to a lot of shows and like to pop the hood and need somthing fancy to show off. That's where I lean towards the uni intake. Will probably end up going that route

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Not really a fan of the ie intake. Looks blandin the engine bay. I take my car to a lot of shows and like to pop the hood and need somthing fancy to show off. That's where I lean towards the uni intake. Will probably end up going that route

:confused:

The only difference is the Uni filter is red and the Stage 2 piece has a big silver "Unitronic" sticker on it :rolleyes:

Good luck with the Uni intake flute noise though ;)

kbrett11

Ready to race!

The only difference is the Uni filter is red and the Stage 2 piece has a big silver "Unitronic" sticker on it :rolleyes:

But that's what I like and that red filter pops in the engine bay. The ie has a hideous grey filter. I don't mind the flute noise. Any noise that lets me know my turbo is spoiling is a-ok with me

Pakman332

Ready to race!

It's not a sticker, it's etched in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

onefastGTI1

Ready to race!

What flutter noise are you talking about?

The only time there were flutter noises are when the clamp that connects the turbo to intake was installed crooked and my DV was blown/torn. Other than those, I couldn't be any happier with my Uni intake.

I'm APR stage 2 btw :23:

DASDSG

Should be fine running the Uni intake with an APR tune. However, the APR intake on Uni tunes is known to cause some issues.
Bummer was hoping to get uni tune since they have uni connect, but I have the APR intake :(. Good thing I read about this before I got tune, guess I have to sell my intake and buy the unitronic one.

Frank@KMD1

Go Kart Champion
Bummer was hoping to get uni tune since they have uni connect, but I have the APR intake :(. Good thing I read about this before I got tune, guess I have to sell my intake and buy the unitronic one.

I have Unitronic intakes in stock and ready to ship :p

Let me know if you are interested!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
It's not a sticker, it's etched in.

Oh, even worse then :p

What flutter noise are you talking about?

The only time there were flutter noises are when the clamp that connects the turbo to intake was installed crooked and my DV was blown/torn. Other than those, I couldn't be any happier with my Uni intake.

I'm APR stage 2 btw :23:

FLUTE noise....not "flutter"
Hence why people get the GFB DV+ with the Uni intake...to (try &) get rid of it

Read the whole thread or post #4 specifically:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88285
or
Same noise with a CTS intake:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2361591&postcount=46

onefastGTI1

Ready to race!
Oh, even worse then :p

FLUTE noise....not "flutter"
Hence why people get the GFB DV+ with the Uni intake...to (try &) get rid of it

Read the whole thread or post #4 specifically:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88285
or
Same noise with a CTS intake:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2361591&postcount=46

Oh right on, man. But it seems like all open filter intake would cause the flute noise tho.

I admit I had that noise when I installed my Uni too. Always thought something was loose till I checked my DV and it was a little cracked. My GFB DV+ fixed it completely tho.:happyanim:

Going to install my friend's Uni intake tomorrow and we'll see if it is indeed the cause for the flute noise. He also just replaced his DV with a revD a few weeks ago.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Nope.
Neuspeed P-Flo and the Euro Sport intake didn't make the noise for me (and Carbonio, but that's enclosed)....Unitronic did for sure though

It's weird

Im pretty sure its the fact of the "Stage 2" pipe being metal. Its the way the air harmonics works against the metal. That was the impression i was under.

CBAspirated

Just did my first of hopefully many engine upgrades. Thanks Dr Dad for selling me you APR Carbonio intake, next comes APR tune.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Just did my first of hopefully many engine upgrades. Thanks Dr Dad for selling me you APR Carbonio intake, next comes APR tune.

fun fun welcome to the mod party.