GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ebay headlights

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
Anyone running these? What do you guys think?

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

jon570

Ready to race!
Whoever it is has zero feedback. Id at least find a reputable ebay seller in case you have an issue with them.

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
Oh yea the seller has pretty good feedback but the headlights aren’t reviewed yet. They are shipping from new jersey which is a plus

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

Tyler12108

Go Kart Newbie
I've also been interested in these but have heard nothing and also think they'd probably not be decent quality, hopefully someone can have some input that got them

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i'm running the 'helix' mk6 r style ebay lights... overall they LOOK great and are actually nice quality for 400, the only issue is, the projectors actually suck. Poor light distribution, poor cutoff line, not much light in general, and can't aim them from side to side of laterally, only up and down.

CHerna

Ready to race!
i'm running the 'helix' mk6 r style ebay lights... overall they LOOK great and are actually nice quality for 400, the only issue is, the projectors actually suck. Poor light distribution, poor cutoff line, not much light in general, and can't aim them from side to side of laterally, only up and down.

Are you running an HID kit with these?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i was, it was a 'theretrofitsource' brand one, one of the better hid kits on the market. I kept getting error messages though since I didn't get a resistor kit or whatever eliminates the codes, so I got annoyed and took them out.

It was BRIGHTER with the HID kit for sure, but in both cases, poor output/cutoff line/cone width/angle of cutoff. I would venture to say I had better visibility with stock halogens, which is a real bummer.

See build thread in my sig for pictures though, all things aside they DO look great and are great quality otherwise.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I have these with the red line on the bottom. They are made by Spyder so not sure if these are the same or not. The quality of the lens and build is amazingly good for the price. The wiring is a joke at best but nothing a few zip ties didn't solve. Running 55w 5000k hids and the output is excellent, no complaints at all.

Good luck if you buy them. They look great installed and the leds are insanely bright.

CHerna

Ready to race!
i was, it was a 'theretrofitsource' brand one, one of the better hid kits on the market. I kept getting error messages though since I didn't get a resistor kit or whatever eliminates the codes, so I got annoyed and took them out.

It was BRIGHTER with the HID kit for sure, but in both cases, poor output/cutoff line/cone width/angle of cutoff. I would venture to say I had better visibility with stock halogens, which is a real bummer.

See build thread in my sig for pictures though, all things aside they DO look great and are great quality otherwise.

Well shit. I was looking into getting those ebay/depo headlights. I mean, I wasn't expecting OEM quality light output from them, but at least decent. I wonder it it's worth retrofitting a better projector in there?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^ i tried opening one of them up just to paint the chrome black and maybe add some red accent but no dice on getting them open at all. I have retrofitted for a while on a few platforms but can't seem to get VW lights to let me in! Maybe I'm missing something like screws that need to be pulled from the inside but far as I could tell... wasnt the case.