GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adjusting Mk6 negative camber in rear

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion
so do i have to completely disassemble my a arm. or jsut unscrew that bolt and go tword the car for more aggressive look?

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
v-dug, before buying camber plates to increase static front camber consider to keep
stock camber dynamically, say, when cornering, by stiffer bushes on lower arms
and strut mounts. Both body roll and bush flexing steal a serious amount of camber.

Front camber is -3.0° (stock is -0.3°, Euro is -0.4°).
Rear camber is -3.0° (stock is -1.3°, Euro is -1.45°).

Don't get fooled by degrees and minutes. :D

1 degree° = 60 minutes', at least in Europe.

Factory camber spec on front is:

-0°45' > decimal: -0.75°

Factory camber spec on rear is:

-1°45' > decimal: -1.75°

;)

snoman

Ready to race!
Quick question about adjusting my camber. I only want to add a degree or so of camber, is this possible so far I've really only read about people maxing out the camber or setting it to stock but what position should the nut and washer be in just to add a little camber?

zee

Go Kart Champion
Don't get fooled by degrees and minutes. :D

1 degree° = 60 minutes', at least in Europe.

Factory camber spec on front is:

-0°45' > decimal: -0.75°

Factory camber spec on rear is:

-1°45' > decimal: -1.75°

;)

Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't aware.

Quick question about adjusting my camber. I only want to add a degree or so of camber, is this possible so far I've really only read about people maxing out the camber or setting it to stock but what position should the nut and washer be in just to add a little camber?

IMO, It's impossible to eyeball and adjust the camber...even 1 degree. I'm not even sure if a thread can be used *like when adjusting the toe. Someone more knowledgeable will probably chime in soon.

See Modshack's post in the previous page for a camber gauge.

Last edited:

snoman

Ready to race!
Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't aware.

IMO, It's impossible to eyeball and adjust the camber...even 1 degree. I'm not even sure if a thread can be used when adjusting the toe. Someone more knowledgeable will probably chime in soon.

See Modshack's post in the previous page for a camber gauge.

I see, so long story short I should probably just get it professionally done lol

zee

Go Kart Champion
I see, so long story short I should probably just get it professionally done lol

Yes. In my case I was hoping to increase the neg camber so I could get the car to the alignment shop since the clearance was close, but I did not have to.

Bfrazier991

Passed Driver's Ed
How do I stop the washer from spinning when im tightining the bolt? I have the washer small side on the inside for max camber but it spins right when T start to put on the bolt?