GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New-ish Golf R Review and Info

zanyrsc

Ready to race!
The reason the R32 was not so good for many people was because it only came in DSG MK5. VW knows that. hopefully they don't make the same mistake.

newgtigeorge

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for posting. I was just about to post this review, but I see you beat me to it. I'm salivating for this car, so I really hope they bring it to the States. I'd like mine to be a Rising Blue 2 door, and I don't care if it's only available with DSG.

4 door looks frumpy. I take the 2 dr. I still fear the old fsi design used for this motor. Sigh.... does it run a timing belt/ cam follower still???

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
one of the reasons why i didnt go for the r32 being a great car and all is that it didnt have a manual tranny. if the R does get to US soil it should also come in manual.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The reason the R32 was not so good for many people was because it only came in DSG MK5. VW knows that. hopefully they don't make the same mistake.

one of the reasons why i didnt go for the r32 being a great car and all is that it didnt have a manual tranny. if the R does get to US soil it should also come in manual.

yes and yes. :word:

jm6001

Ready to race!
Anyone flip through the pictures?? There is an interesting interior shot, check out the DSG knob in the second interior pic (close up of shifter)! It looks pretty sweet wish I had the part number for that bad boy

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
ill take another 4 dr. manual. i almost wish my GTI was manual. they so much fun to drive.

agreed! I drove a DSG just in case, then back to the manual - I didn't want to make the same "mistake" I did in '06.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I'll take one in white with 2 doors and a 6speed

FeatherRuffler

Ready to race!
This means I must double my efforts to purchase R tail lights in order to maximize their fun look before it just becomes common place... Looks like I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas.

rickerbr

Ready to race!
Anyone flip through the pictures?? There is an interesting interior shot, check out the DSG knob in the second interior pic (close up of shifter)! It looks pretty sweet wish I had the part number for that bad boy

New week 45/2010 (MY 2011) Shifter Covers -

5K1 713 203E YMD - Fitted from 11/8/2010 engine codes CDLC, CDLF (Golf R), aluminum and leather, color code black and art grey.

5K1 713 203E XPR - Fitted from 11/8/2010 engine codes CCTA, CBFA, CCZB (GTI), aluminum and leather, color code black and flash red. This one may be available in the US based on ETKA.

Last edited:

Johnny

I'm Here for the Gangbang
I somewhat like that its still the FSI. I can keep my eurojet DV and other stuff from my MKV FSI. Cam followers aren't that big of a deal, just got to replace every 10-15k miles or so.