GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Annoying vibrations after oem install

Jfabre23

So a few months ago I installed BFI motor and transmission mounts and I got crazy vibrations through the cabin so after I put about a 700 miles on the mounts I figured I just change the engine mount and put it back to stock. So I installed the original engine mount (brand new). And I'm still get vibrations especially when the AC is on. Which I also experienced with the BFI mount. Can anybody please help me? These cabin vibrations are annoying..

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
So a few months ago I installed BFI motor and transmission mounts and I got crazy vibrations through the cabin so after I put about a 700 miles on the mounts I figured I just change the engine mount and put it back to stock. So I installed the original engine mount (brand new). And I'm still get vibrations especially when the AC is on. Which I also experienced with the BFI mount. Can anybody please help me? These cabin vibrations are annoying..
Ussually there are 3 mounts you want to replace transmission, engine, and dogbone. Depending on the the density of the mounts they will cause nvh (noise, vibration, harshness). Replacing any of the mounts is guaranteed to increase nvh especially if they are track density mounts. 034 Motorsports makes some good street density mounts that shouldn't increase nvh that much over oem. Also don't forget the dogbone

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Jfabre23

That was something I thought about too. But you think the dogbone and torque arm inserts would help the nvh?

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
That was something I thought about too. But you think the dogbone and torque arm inserts would help the nvh?
I think if you stiffen the top mounts without the bottom dogbone more vibrations go there and you feel them more. With a solution that could absorb more vibrations down there I think that would help. I've seen plenty of nvh threads here after installing mounts up top and they later come back saying dogbone replacement helps with the nvh. Again nothing will be like stock but it shouldn't be unpleasant.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

madbikes

Ready to race!
The 034 Street Density mounts and dogbone insert are very pleasant compared to my BFI polyurethane mounts.

There is no way you can have zero increase in NVH with a harder mount than stock of any kind. Replacing all the mounts at the same time for best result as it's no different than putting four tires with four mismatched speed ratings.

It takes some time before NVH becomes less harsh with stiffer mounts. As long as it doesn't feel like you have a bad motor mount, you're fine.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
so you specifically had products installed that remove the soft cushioning VW engineered to prevent you from feeling NVH from your engine and tranny....and then.... were surprised by NVH?

Did you read the post? He said he didn't like the nvh from the aftermarket mounts and put the stock ones back on and is still experiencing vibrations and is now asking for help.

Jaber

Modero
OP - Start with torquing everything down again and see if that fixes it. Sounds like something might be loose.

Adding to this, make sure you used new bolts, when you installed the OEM mounts.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Did you read the post? He said he didn't like the nvh from the aftermarket mounts and put the stock ones back on and is still experiencing vibrations and is now asking for help.

no he said he took the motor mount back out which means he left the tranny mount in

so hes on on stock motor mounts but a poly tranny mount wouldnt that be like even worse than doing all major mounts in poly? its putting even more strain on the oem ones

i dont have anything more agressive than an ecs poly dogbone insert and my car shakes like michael J fox in reverse and when the AC is on

Last edited:

damagi123

Go Kart Champion

was I right in reading that you took the motor mount back out for stock but left the poly trans mount in OP?

Jaber

Modero
was I right in reading that you took the motor mount back out for stock but left the poly trans mount in OP?

Good catch. I remember reading someone saying when they did engine first, NVH was ok. But as soon as they did transmission, NVH increased. Want to say HYDE mentioned this in one of his mount threads.

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Get the 100 dollar ECS deadset kit.

It will transform the car. I always thought plp exaggerated their reviews bc it's just replacing 6 bolts with 12 washers. No more clunking on shitty SD roads or feeling like my car is going to break going over a speed bump.

I have the stage 2 BFI engine and tran mount, and the dog bone. The dead set kit fully completed it. My wife even said this is the best thing you have done to ur car and she hates it!

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Good catch. I remember reading someone saying when they did engine first, NVH was ok. But as soon as they did transmission, NVH increased. Want to say HYDE mentioned this in one of his mount threads.

I ran BFI Stage 1 poly engine and trans, added engine first and it was ok but my trans mount failed after. Added the trans mount and the NVH was unbearable with SB clutch. Removed both and went 034 Street mounts, haven't looked back since on K04 of fully built engine/big turbo.