GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subaru BRZ Coupe Review by C&D (brother to the Scion FR-S)

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I don't understand the draw of buying a car only to immediately modify it due to a deficiency. If you're not happy with the power, wait and see if there is a newer version with more in the pipeline and if not get another car.

Well that's no fun, people like to mod cars!

If we waited for VW to offer more power there would be few GTI drivers here :p

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Well that's no fun, people like to mod cars!

If we waited for VW to offer more power there would be few GTI drivers here :p

haha perhaps on the forum ya. But i'd bet that 95%+ of GTIs are stock.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
haha perhaps on the forum ya. But i'd bet that 95%+ of GTIs are stock.

Agreed. And about 95% of these will stay stock until they're used and get a cult following like Miatas and 240's.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Agreed. And about 95% of these will stay stock until they're used and get a cult following like Miatas and 240's.

Indeed, those are hard to come by unmolested. As with Civic SIs and integras.

I can't remember the last time I saw an unmolested integra.

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!
I don't understand the draw of buying a car only to immediately modify it due to a deficiency. If you're not happy with the power, wait and see if there is a newer version with more in the pipeline and if not get another car.

That is the Scion way of selling cars.

They sell a well appointed "base" car you fashion up as you see fit with lots of dealer installed options.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion

Because nobody makes a lightweight, high-powered car stock right now unless you spend at least twice the cost of the BRZ/Miata/whatever. I'm really not sure why it's like that to be honest. If someone were to make a car that was ~2500 lbs, ~300 hp, RWD for say $35k I would expect it to sell very well.

ImmI

Ready to race!
Anyone watched this review that MotorTrend put up recently? It's a very positive review, perhaps too positive.

Really want one now after watching this :cry:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Because nobody makes a lightweight, high-powered car stock right now unless you spend at least twice the cost of the BRZ/Miata/whatever. I'm really not sure why it's like that to be honest. If someone were to make a car that was ~2500 lbs, ~300 hp, RWD for say $35k I would expect it to sell very well.

Um.... how about a 370z?! 3000lbs 330hp and can be had under 30k.

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
According to car and driver online, they said Scion will only be NA and as of now, Subaru will stick with NA, but MIGHT release a turbo version later.

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
^agreed. I thought it was heavier.