GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

For those of you who have added side skirts to your GTI

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
Anyone thats put on a side skirt on their car, did you remove the mounting screws for the OEM GTI skirt? My new skirt (thunderbunny) doesnt use them, and they dont get in the way of the skirt. I was just going to leave them screwed in unless anyone can suggest otherwise?

Thanks!

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
Anyone thats put on a side skirt on their car, did you remove the mounting screws for the OEM GTI skirt? My new skirt (thunderbunny) doesnt use them, and they dont get in the way of the skirt. I was just going to leave them screwed in unless anyone can suggest otherwise?

Thanks!

when i had the thunderbunny on, i just left them on there before i switched to golf r sideskirts which also utilize the mounting screws. i don't see any reason to pull them out. doesn't hurt you and if you ever want to switch to something else that uses the screws, it'll be easier to do so than go looking for them or buying new ones.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
when i had the thunderbunny on, i just left them on there before i switched to golf r sideskirts which also utilize the mounting screws. i don't see any reason to pull them out. doesn't hurt you and if you ever want to switch to something else that uses the screws, it'll be easier to do so than go looking for them or buying new ones.

Awesome!! This was exactly what i needed to know!

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
that looks good with the ed35 bumper, and on dg springs height. I really want an ed35 bumper still

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! The golf r sideskirts are a better fit though much more expensive. These are the cheapest oem sideskirts pretty much and they are an okay fit. Not perfect though..
$150

Part #: JNV853751 (for 2 door)
Part #: JNV853751A (for 4 door)

http://www.keffervwparts.com/