GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review of Bold Sport Auto Headlight Kit

inc55

Go Kart Champion
I have been wanting auto headlights on this car since I got it and thanks to bold sport I finally have it. I really missed this feature since I had it on every other car I've owned. The install was very easy: pop old non-auto euroswitch out with the new one, attach the control unit, adjust the sensitivity and tuck the wire in between the dash (pics below). After I installed the unit it would not turn the headlights on when I covered the sensor. So I thought maybe I need to adjust those jp1+2 settings (which I didn't have to). Finally I kept turning the blue sensitivity dial clockwise till I found a setting I like. I believe I turned it 180 degrees clockwise. I easily tucked the wire in between the dash and side airbag space with a credit card. I started from the sensor and worked my way to the fuse box area. Also the GTI has a nice place for the sensor as you can see from the pics below. I didn't even have to take the tape off, it just tucks in between the dash and windshield nicely. My headlights now turn on when entering a tunnel and off when back in sunlight. Pretty cool mod and it's very cheap. No vagcom work is required for just the auto headlight feature. I have no use for CH/LH so it worked out well. Here is a link to where you can buy the headlight+control unit+ trigger wire (because it's very cheap)...

http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=43_44&product_id=166

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 443
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 425
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:

echlon

Ready to race!
Wasn't the set $80 before? its now $85 :(

There seems to be 2 switches to choose from too .. "3C8 941 431 A" is a genuine EUROPEAN made switch, Country of Origin: Spain /
"5ND 941 431 B XSH" also a genuine EUROPEAN switch best price.

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Wasn't the set $80 before? its now $85 :(

There seems to be 2 switches to choose from too .. "3C8 941 431 A" is a genuine EUROPEAN made switch, Country of Origin: Spain /
"5ND 941 431 B XSH" also a genuine EUROPEAN switch best price.

from what I recall it was 84.99. I wonder what the difference is with the switches. I believe the one I ordered was from spain.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
That's where i put my sensor but alittle further down where you see all the black spot or what ever you call it.The sensor works OK but i wish the head lights will come on before it gets dark,i adjusted the sensitivity but doesn't do any adjustment .The parking lights will come on but not the headlights.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
When i go to work in the morning there is a slight daylight outside the headlights and parking lights are on,drive for about 10 mins headlights turn off but the parking lights will stay on for about another 10 mins then shuts off

CrzyP

Ready to race!
When i go to work in the morning there is a slight daylight outside the headlights and parking lights are on,drive for about 10 mins headlights turn off but the parking lights will stay on for about another 10 mins then shuts off

That's the tunnel mode mentioned on the bold sport website. You can disable that with the JP2 switch on the module.

webber

Ready to race!
hey what does the tunnel mode do? I just installed mine yesterday without installing the blue trigger wire.....

packfan

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been wanting auto headlights on this car since I got it and thanks to bold sport I finally have it. I really missed this feature since I had it on every other car I've owned. The install was very easy: pop old non-auto euroswitch out with the new one, attach the control unit, adjust the sensitivity and tuck the wire in between the dash (pics below). After I installed the unit it would not turn the headlights on when I covered the sensor. So I thought maybe I need to adjust those jp1+2 settings (which I didn't have to). Finally I kept turning the blue sensitivity dial clockwise till I found a setting I like. I believe I turned it 180 degrees clockwise. I easily tucked the wire in between the dash and side airbag space with a credit card. I started from the sensor and worked my way to the fuse box area. Also the GTI has a nice place for the sensor as you can see from the pics below. I didn't even have to take the tape off, it just tucks in between the dash and windshield nicely. My headlights now turn on when entering a tunnel and off when back in sunlight. Pretty cool mod and it's very cheap. No vagcom work is required for just the auto headlight feature. I have no use for CH/LH so it worked out well. Here is a link to where you can buy the headlight+control unit+ trigger wire (because it's very cheap)...

http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=43_44&product_id=166

let me ask did your drls and taillights stay on when your headlights were off that's what I am looking for. Thank you