GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TheGTIChannel's Candy White (Mk6) GTI Journal

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
After a year of negligence, I polished the inside lip of the exhaust. Was delighted to find that it had remained in tip top shape despite being covered in gunk for so long....

Zoomer7

Ready to race!
Speaking of car meets I want to hit a few up now that I'm getting some mods done to my new (to me) GTI :D
I'm in Greenville, SC, not too far from ya. I'll try to keep an ear out for the latest meets

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
Looks like she's "doing something" to your car. :D

Whatever "it" is, I don't mind :lol:

Speaking of car meets I want to hit a few up now that I'm getting some mods done to my new (to me) GTI :D
I'm in Greenville, SC, not too far from ya. I'll try to keep an ear out for the latest meets

These are pretty small meets. The largest one being Caffein and Octane with 2000-3000 cars. Still not worth coming from another state I don't think.... Maybe Ill see you at SOWO next year though :thumbsup:

Zoomer7

Ready to race!
Whatever "it" is, I don't mind :lol:

These are pretty small meets. The largest one being Caffein and Octane with 2000-3000 cars. Still not worth coming from another state I don't think.... Maybe Ill see you at SOWO next year though :thumbsup:

Just trying to find other classy GTI/R owners out there :cool:
especially car owners that take mtn runs

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
All good things come to an end....

I think this marks the end of my journey with the (amazing) MK6 community :cry:. I picked up this new toy to be my daily (and only) driver. It's a 1995 E36 BMW M3 with 139k on the counter. The paint is custom. It has the limited edition hurricane interior as well as a custom exhaust setup already installed. Needless to say it's a screamer. Like all old cars its got its quirks but it'll be a fun car to work on over the next few months. Some of the "quirks" I can name off the top of my head are: shot suspension, bald tires, worn rotors/pads, interior trim coming undone, rip in driver seat, missing foglight, broken turn signal, broken windhsield washer pump, and some more problems of the sort. I already have plenty of things planned. New tires tomorrow and coils later in the week. I'll also deal with the interior this week.

After driving it, I have to say that I enjoy the car more than the more-powerful GTI. It's a little low on power but such a blast to drive. Such a blast in fact that I was pulled over within an hour of getting it....:thumbdown:. The thing that I enjoy about it most of all however, is that this car has character. It has a personality. It's hard to explain, and the GTI by no mean lacked character, but something about this car makes it special. I'll just have to see how things go... for all I know it might break down tomorrow....:rolleyes:.

Currently debating whether to create a thread on here like some other BMW/Audi owners have done. I just like this forum :D.

Here are some cell phone pictures:

Last edited:

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Congrats on the car man. Can't go wrong with a M3. Sad to see you go! Stick around and post on the forum every once in a while! :thumbsup:

Sent from my HTC One X

TheGTIChannel

Ready to race!
Congrats on the car man. Can't go wrong with a M3. Sad to see you go! Stick around and post on the forum every once in a while! :thumbsup:

Sent from my HTC One X

Thank you :thumbup:
I might make a build thread for it here for those who are interested.

Your GTI is gone??

Sweet car btw ;)

Not yet. Sitting around for now. Soon I'll part out/sell all the mods then the car. I'm going to be really sad when it goes :(.

olisjk

Passed Driver's Ed
loving the car, very nice set ups.

I have a cw mk6 as well and i had the roof wrapped. i think if you had yours wrapped it would compliment those sick wheels you got on.