GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW ARTEON

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Sorry but I 100% disagree with you here. My buddy has the S3 with the IS38 full stage 2 and 4motion and that car is making like 390/405 I think. When he launches that car on a cold day, you can barely move your body. And on the highway, anything less than a tuned AMG/M3 or FI SS/GT can forget about it. The 2.5 would be sick but you can forget that pipe dream. No way audi is sharing its TTS/RS3 tech with anything wearing a VW badge.

people wouldn't buy that car to tune and make it fast, they want to buy a car that is decently quick from the factory. Not everything VW needs to be modified. There are more people who just want a refined car with enough stock power to get them from point A to B and not have to worry about reliability and warranty problems.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
people wouldn't buy that car to tune and make it fast, they want to buy a car that is decently quick from the factory. Not everything VW needs to be modified. There are more people who just want a refined car with enough stock power to get them from point A to B and not have to worry about reliability and warranty problems.

No not everyone wants to tune their car but the point is nothing is stopping VW from exploiting all that headroom for a top of the line model. APR and all these other tuners aren't pulling a rabbit out of the hat and doing things VW can't from the factory

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
No not everyone wants to tune their car but the point is nothing is stopping VW from exploiting all that headroom for a top of the line model. APR and all these other tuners aren't pulling a rabbit out of the hat and doing things VW can't from the factory

I read an article that said they were going to explore a vr6 option for this car.. not sure how true that is but its somewhere in print that they were thinking about it.

Uberryan

Banned
Would be cool if they did, but unfortunately the VR6 in its 3.2 form is pretty pacified. It would need the 3.6 for any decent torque curve, and even then, 6 cylinder engines in general need to step up their game as boosted 4's kill them in power numbers and mpgs.

zrickety

The Fixer
I don't understand the draw for coupe looking sedans, you lose the headroom and functionality. Looks like another lame Passat variant to me.

Stinger

Ready to race!
Carbon copy of the Renault Talisman.... ;)

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion

no car company maxes out their engines potential. They still need worry about reliability. They know that people buying VWs aren't looking for a ton of power and they know they have found that sweet spot where people driving the car are satisfied enough with the current output of power. VWs are already unreliable as is, no need to make them even more prone to issues. People on this site with modified cars generally take care of their cars to a much higher degree than the general consumer. Could you image people with stage 1 or 2 gtis treating it like any other car, running 87 octane, getting oil changes when they get around to it.... not a pretty sight.