GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Golf R Owner

tsenglish

Hi All!

I have been browsing for the forums for a little over a year now and I just wanted to introduce myself and my new (to me) 2012 Golf R!

I purchased her a few months ago with just under 32k miles and from day one I fell in love.

Fun to drive and can be used to make a home improvement store run!

First mod was to fix up that ugly VW emblem with a color matched decal insert:

I then installed a ProClip phone holder, which is super convenient and integrates well. I also purchased a 10-pk of inexpensive LED bulbs to brighten up the interior.

About a month ago I got an APR Stage I tune. Which made this quick car that much quicker:

I was getting sick of digging around for the garage door opener, so I picked up the DoubleApex garage door button. Was a little pricey, but looks stock and works great:

Next up are wheels (I am looking at the Enkei Raijin in gunmetal), tires (probably PSS), and springs for a slight drop. I will probably also make some minor cosmetic mods (airbag stickers on the visors look so out of place!) when I get bored on the weekends.

If you have any advice or information on wheels, tires, springs, future engine mods, etc. I will gladly listen. This is my daily driver, but I am getting more involved with the local car scene and hope to do some track driving in the next few months.

Thanks and I look forward to learning more about our cars!

Tim

Skychan

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome! Great pics and great start to your mods! The integrated garage door opener is really awesome! Neat idea to put the blue in the VW logo.

Have fun!