GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's 13' Wolfsburg Track Car Build

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
It's all of them. It's like they all shit the bed at the same time. First time it was the clamp holding the hose on the actual intercooler, second time it was the intercooler hose/TOP. I haven't taken the wheel liner out yet but I'm guessing now it's the clamp at the TOP/Turbo hose.

That sucks. Hope it cuts it the hell out lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
so it's a no for using constant tension clamps? :iono:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
stage 3 gtis have no problem with fmic hoses blowing off...

something is not right sir. clamps didnt fix it, which means its time to switch out the hoses.

goodluck

also have fun at that rollecoaster track

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I know you have upgraded mounts, but when my mounts went bad, my hose kept popping off because of way too much engine movement was literally pulling the hose off.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
found the culprit. My AWE TOP apparently has gotten pretty hot. The section that the intercooler hose goes over was smoothed over and slick as butter. I took a dremel to it and roughed it up a bunch creating some gouges in it for the hose to hold on better. And I was able to put 2 constant tension clamps on it. If it pops off again I'll have to get a new TOP but I think it's good to go. Will never be able to sell it because it looks like hot garbage now, but more functional than before lol. Forgot to take pics.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
found the culprit. My AWE TOP apparently has gotten pretty hot. The section that the intercooler hose goes over was smoothed over and slick as butter. I took a dremel to it and roughed it up a bunch creating some gouges in it for the hose to hold on better. And I was able to put 2 constant tension clamps on it. If it pops off again I'll have to get a new TOP but I think it's good to go. Will never be able to sell it because it looks like hot garbage now, but more functional than before lol. Forgot to take pics.

interesting, hope it holds

Nothing like fixing your broken car and heading straight to the track to test it out :laugh:

Will be at Grattan tomorrow. W00t

nioce, have fun at the rollercoaster. take pics

iirc the forum wants gopro helmet kill cam footage montage posted

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Nothing like fixing your broken car and heading straight to the track to test it out :laugh:

Will be at Grattan tomorrow. W00t

Hell yeah man. At least you know what the hell keeps causing it now! [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Well that was an awesome weekend. I love Grattan so much, that track is just so much fun. I have some good vids that I'll post later. Car did great. I think I finally sorted out the hose popping off issue.