GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sealed Intake's

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
Of course, if you were going for a stock look in order to pass a visual inspection, then that's not a bad idea. Especially in California where the car nazis reside.

Lots of cars come with Carbon Fiber under hood parts like engine covers, etc., so how's a cop going to know what is stock and what isn't??? And do they really look under the hood...WTF?

Ask yourself: R U paranoid?

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
Lots of cars come with Carbon Fiber under hood parts like engine covers, etc., so how's a cop going to know what is stock and what isn't??? And do they really look under the hood...WTF?

Ask yourself: R U paranoid?

This is kinda off topic now, and I'm not even sure if it's an issue with the OP's location. But burtomr, I see you're in socal, so you should know that cops can and do look under your hood.
Now with more exotic cars, yeah - there may be oem CF parts in the engine compartment. But on a VW, they're going to know that's not the case.

Either way though... I, for one, am NOT paranoid at all. I have Alabama plates. :thumbsup:

burtomr

Go Kart Newbie
Either way though... I, for one, am NOT paranoid at all. I have Alabama plates. :thumbsup:

I'm not originally from CA so the whole underhood inspection thing is news to me.

I'm amazed that the average CHIP's would know a dipstick from a porcupine much less what is stock or not...but thanks for the heads-up and no offense meant by the paranoid comment...just trying to be funny..and
BTW - I still have Virginia plates. :thumbsup:

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
ca cops can and will pop a hood and they have been trained on what is stock and what isnt.

it sucks