GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Passenger window...

Iknowjake

Passed Driver's Ed
My passenger window auto up/down just randomly stopped working today. It still rolls up and down manually holding the switch, but it will stop in really odd places going up. I wasn't sure if this was common or something's screwed up on my car...

2013 DSG GTI, Res delete, LED Tails

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Has the battery been disconnected recently or anything like that? In some situations the one-touch has to be "reprogrammed", since it has a memory to know the up/down limits.

P.S. - San Antonian here, and I just got my GTI from Austin :cool:

jasonaltima

Ready to race!
My passenger window won't go down from the driver side only up. So I have to reach over to the passenger to put it down. But it didn't start doing that till I got caught in a rain storm and driver door got soaked. But still doesn't explain why only up and not down too.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
My passenger window won't go down from the driver side only up. So I have to reach over to the passenger to put it down. But it didn't start doing that till I got caught in a rain storm and driver door got soaked. But still doesn't explain why only up and not down too.

Sure it does, 1/2 the switch probably shorted out. New window switch in your future.

Iknowjake

Passed Driver's Ed
Has the battery been disconnected recently or anything like that? In some situations the one-touch has to be "reprogrammed", since it has a memory to know the up/down limits.

P.S. - San Antonian here, and I just got my GTI from Austin :cool:

Well, no. And I've tried reprogramming the auto up down but that doesn't work... I also resetted the anti pinch and that seemed to work, but after test rolling it up and down a few times, it went back to what I described earlier.

2013 DSG GTI, Res delete, LED Tails