GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vibrations in brake pedal

BiHGti11

Passed Driver's Ed
So last week I took my car for it's 30k service, and ever since then I feel a vibration in the brake pedal when I apply the brakes. I also feel it when I start the car and I'm sure the dealership is going to say something stupid because I have a CAI and try to blame that for it.
Batards I don't know what to do...

I had the same problem with injen intake... If you unscrew the brake reservoir cap and adjust it a little so that the intake is not touching the line will fix the problem

riceburner

Autocross Champion
anyone experience this with a unitronic? does it hit near the master cylinder or the distribution area by the filter?

i thought my rotors may be warped... but would like to check this out first

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
anyone experience this with a unitronic? does it hit near the master cylinder or the distribution area by the filter?

i thought my rotors may be warped... but would like to check this out first

A pretty easy way of checking for warped rotors. Get your car up to speed & lightly brush the brakes. If they are warped you'll feel it.

djphoenix18

I looked at the design of the CTS Turbo CAI and it seems to be pretty close to my brake reservoir. That's probably why when I turn on the car it vibrates the brake pedal a little... That's why I want to get this bracket up there. ^^^

I did buy a Diverter Valve to try to remedy the weird Thomas the Tank whistle im getting when im shifting in high gears. lol

zeeMkv

$16.50 including Paypal and shipping (US)

Laser cut and powdercoated bracket with Vinyl pad
Stainless bolt with an assortment of washers and spacers.

Add $1 if you need a 4mm hex wrench for the install..

Sorry for bumping this old thread. PMd modshack. Looking to buy the bracket. TIA

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Sorry for bumping this old thread. PMd modshack. Looking to buy the bracket. TIA

I don't think he's around anymore. Been a few years since he's even made a post.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I wonder... I've gotten the vibration on the brake pedal not too long ago after having my DP swapped out multiple times to deal with inspection issues. I thought it had something to do with the installation of it back that caused the vibration to begin. I never had it...Using IE intake. Could something have occurred to all a sudden cause the intake to make contact with the brake line??

I would have never imagined the CAI to be involved with the brakes but it is definitely something I'm going to have to look into now. I'll check the intake out and wiggle it around a bit to see if it gets off it somehow. I still don't know how it was fine for a few years and all a sudden began once they removed/reinstalled my DP...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I wonder... I've gotten the vibration on the brake pedal not too long ago after having my DP swapped out multiple times to deal with inspection issues. I thought it had something to do with the installation of it back that caused the vibration to begin. I never had it...Using IE intake. Could something have occurred to all a sudden cause the intake to make contact with the brake line??

I would have never imagined the CAI to be involved with the brakes but it is definitely something I'm going to have to look into now. I'll check the intake out and wiggle it around a bit to see if it gets off it somehow. I still don't know how it was fine for a few years and all a sudden began once they removed/reinstalled my DP...

It's pretty common for the bracket to brake on the IE CAI. Once that happens it rests on the brake line. If that's what happened to yours just contact IE and they'll send you a new stage 2 pipe with no questions asked. There's a new design that's beefier and not supposed to break.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
You guys facken nailed it.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I actually moved it around and the vibration went away but I still don't like the look of it broken there... Looks like I'll be reaching out to IE... See if they can replace it or what.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I actually moved it around and the vibration went away but I still don't like the look of it broken there... Looks like I'll be reaching out to IE... See if they can replace it or what.

They will. I sent them a picture of the break and they sent me a new pipe the next day or so. That's definitely the older design so they'll have no problem replacing it. My intake was about 2 years old when that happened to me and they took care of it.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Just wanted to post a follow-up on this. I received my revised pipe from IE.

First class customer support without a doubt. They shipped it 2 day and it came with some decal goodies for good measure. I'm actually very happy I bought the IE k04 because I feel like I'm in good hands with it.

If you ever thought twice about buying an IE product, don't. It should be a no brainer.