GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealer refused to sell the car because I requested free mat kit :O

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
I had a set of rubber monster mats already installed and then I had another set of rubber monster mats still in plastic sitting in my trunk when I bought it. Sales guy just shrugged and said enjoy.

And OP, if you really wanted the car, a set of mats thrown in really shouldn't be a deal breaker, but just shop around another dealership, tell them your first dealership offered you this price and you'd buy from them instead if they threw in mats. *shrug*

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
They wouldn't throw mats in on mine cause I was already 2k below invoice. They did sell them to me for $50 cash though. It's called haggling buddy. You can't win every negotiation.

Also according to your thread told you THE DEALERSHIP said they wouldn't sell you the car after that. You refused to finish the sale. Very misleading

FNR32

Ready to race!
I can't help but laugh at this thread. I consider myself fairly harsh when it comes to negotiating on vehicles, but even I wouldn't have WALKED AWAY from an otherwise good deal because of freakin' matts.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Lindsay VW of Sterling, VA....the manager there is insane I was sitting there filling paper work for car and I saw no mat kit and asked sales person to get me free mat kit...but manager said NO. I was spending $30K DSG Sunroof nd NAV package and he said straight up no WOW, I just got up and walked out and couldn't believe what jus happened

The mat kit is an option and includes the carpet mats, rubber mats, cargo liner and the velcro blocks for the cargo liner. It was a $225 option on the 2010s. Not sure how much it is now. If you Already agreed on a price and asked them to throw in the mat kit after the fact, they're not really out of line to say no. As others have said, I wouldn't consider floor mats a deal breaker.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Well 30k is what you should be paying for a fully-loaded autobahn GTI so it wasn't a good deal anyways :) However that makes it more ridiculous for him not to throw in the mats, when he was getting a great deal. Car salesmen! :middlefinger:

Last edited:

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
call their competition - give them the price of the car at what you were gonna pay for it, and ask if they will match and throw in a set of monster mats. "problem" solved.

This

chuckstyl5

Passed Driver's Ed
Everyone always looking for a "better deal" .. Whether buying a 30k VW or a 350k Ferrari ... People need to make money - If they didn't want to give you mats that's cool they will find someone that will buy them - no biggie

P

plac

retarded man.. you walked out cuz you couldnt get a $70 mat kit..

ImAuthenticFTW

Go Kart Champion
First mistake is you agreed for 30K for a Nav and Sunroof package, you can get an Autobahn package for cheaper then that. 2nd i agree with what others have said, dealer didnt refuse sale, you WALKED out on the sale.

bmxr

Ready to race!
What's the real reason you didn't buy the car, because no one is that childish and self entitled...

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Lindsay VW sucks dude; sorry. I talked to them when I was looking for my .:R; they had one with 1100 miles less than the one close to me. I called to see if they would come close to the price I had locally; and they wanted nearly $3000 more for their car with 1100 miles less and no nav...

I told them they were nuts and good luck with their sale; the internet manager called me back and proceeded to spend the next hour trying to convince me that their $3k price was "better" than the one i was looking at because it was from their dealership...

I laughed at him repeatedly and eventually hung up. Got the same car they had on their lot; except it had Nav; for $5k under their price in the end...

kev0

Ready to race!
You'd think if it was a deal breaker the dealer would have just given you the mats!