GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible DSG issue? Hard Jerk from stop.

Tireiron Mike

Ready to race!
I did a long drive yesterday into Pittsburgh and my DSG started to jerk when I was accelerating from a full stop.

Like this...

Stop at light. Light turns green. Move from Brake to accelerator. JERK!

This also happen:

About to hit stop traffic. Smooth brake. Fully Stop. JERK.

The best way to describe it is if you disengage the clutch earlier when accelerating. Kind of what a noob would do on a manual.

While stopping in feels like when you stop while still in gear then remember "oh I'm a stick! CLUTCH!

This is pissing me off. I just dropped money on a Rear Main Seal issue along with a DSG service. Can someone point me to the right direction.

Please don't be serious, Please don't be serious

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Two questions:

1. Did this start after your DSG service?
2. Does it do this all the time?

Tireiron Mike

Ready to race!
It started to happen before I had my DSG service, it's one of the reason's I was like, fuck I'm about do for DSG service, better get it done.

It only happens when I drive for more than an hour in heavy traffic.

Louiekaps

Ready to race!
My a3 has been doing the same thing. Only after a long drive with a lot of traffic it gets real rough off the line. Also, my rpms sort of flutter when coming to a stop. Same type of feeling as if you were coming to a stop with the clutch still engaged. As if it isn't disengaging the clutch early enough.

Tireiron Mike

Ready to race!
My a3 has been doing the same thing. Only after a long drive with a lot of traffic it gets real rough off the line. Also, my rpms sort of flutter when coming to a stop. Same type of feeling as if you were coming to a stop with the clutch still engaged. As if it isn't disengaging the clutch early enough.

Yeap that's it! I guess you didn't find a fix yet?

Louiekaps

Ready to race!
Gonna try a dsg adaptation probably tonight. Should be doing some stop and go on Wednesday so we'll see if it fixes it then.

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
I had this on my GLI also. I changed the hill holding setting to light with vag-com and it fixed about 90% of the initial jerk. I am also taking more time before pushing the throttle after a complete swap. Moving "quickly" from brake to gas makes it jerk harder.

Tireiron Mike

Ready to race!
I had this on my GLI also. I changed the hill holding setting to light with vag-com and it fixed about 90% of the initial jerk. I am also taking more time before pushing the throttle after a complete swap. Moving "quickly" from brake to gas makes it jerk harder.

I can give it a shot. It's fine when the car is cold but when it warms up and I'm in stop and go traffic it does the JERK.

I'm hoping it's not the transmission going.

Louiekaps

Ready to race!
Yeah.ive been driving dsg over 2 years so I definitely know how to work the brake to gas pedal. When I do a lot of stop and go and it gets real hot it is extremely abnormally jerky and harsh. I have full motor mounts btw and do not consider that harsh.

Tireiron Mike

Ready to race!
Yeah.ive been driving dsg over 2 years so I definitely know how to work the brake to gas pedal. When I do a lot of stop and go and it gets real hot it is extremely abnormally jerky and harsh. I have full motor mounts btw and do not consider that harsh.

Louiekaps: I've been driving dsg for abut 3 years and I can tell you this is not normal. If I had an open lid of McDonald's Coffee when I'm at a full stop and SLOWLY move over to the gas peddle I'll burn myself when the GTI Jerks twice and then smooths out.

Louiekaps

Ready to race!
well i got a dtc for the n215 short to voltage. also encountered 4 false neutrals today. found out my car is covered under the 10yr/100,000 miles extension, so will be taking it to the dealer soon. i was looking at trans temp and when it was acting up my temp readings were 10 degrees celsius over the upper limit. definitely something going on with these mech units getting cooked.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
well i got a dtc for the n215 short to voltage. also encountered 4 false neutrals today. found out my car is covered under the 10yr/100,000 miles extension, so will be taking it to the dealer soon. i was looking at trans temp and when it was acting up my temp readings were 10 degrees celsius over the upper limit. definitely something going on with these mech units getting cooked.

My 08 A3 did the the same thing, I had 80k miles on it. turned out my DSG mechatronic unit was frying out. got it repaired under warranty and felt smooth like buttahhh after it.

Don_Greening

Mine has been doing the exact same thing jerking from full stop and also coming to a stop it jerk down from 3rd to 2nd and 1st, I took it to VW last week and diagnosed as a fault with either the clutch pack or mechatronics, luckily I'm under warranty from the garage I bought it from.

Once I get it back from the garage I'll reply here to let you know which was at fault

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk