GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Beautiful weather here. Except now it's raining lol. Still need to install belly pan and front bumper. I'm sore AF today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Added you on Xbox this weekend. If you ever see me on Forza, shoot me an invite!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Anyone looking to make some money on their savings- I just opened up a capital one money market. 1% return. I had everything in their savings @ .75%. Saw an add for the MM +$200 sign up bonus so I did that and transferred everything over. Not bad for liquid money just sitting in an account not doing anything. I keep very little in checking since it doesn't pay me.

Not bad, thanks for the tip.

As a barrier against binge spending I try to shove as much out of checking and into savings as I can (I've learned that if I have it, I will spend it). Works well, and I am getting good at socking money away. Though there are times when I sock away TOO much in a given pay period, and wind up needing to pull some of it back.

How are MM accounts at pulling money out when needed? Just like savings? Or more difficult?

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Not bad, thanks for the tip.

As a barrier against binge spending I try to shove as much out of checking and into savings as I can (I've learned that if I have it, I will spend it). Works well, and I am getting good at socking money away. Though there are times when I sock away TOO much in a given pay period, and wind up needing to pull some of it back.

How are MM accounts at pulling money out when needed? Just like savings? Or more difficult?

I have read that they are the same. I think 6 allowed per month? Or maybe it was per quarter? I only run lean a couple times a year where I need a transfer.

With Capital One I just log in like any bank account and can see all my accounts on the Summary page. You link whatever accounts you want with it (ie: checking from another company). Then like savings, just electronic transfer it over. Super easy. I changed my auto withdrawal from my savings to MM so all should be good now. If you are moving money out more than 6 times a month, it shouldn't be in a "savings" then. Even taking out 6 times a quarter is too much. Savings is to save. Like you said, out of sight, out of mind.

It used to have ING, but C-One bought them out about 3 years ago. The format has stayed the same though. Easy Peasy.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Should get my car back tomorrow from my cracked piston fiasco. Carbon cleaning, updated tensioner, new head(bc I fucked to old head up trying to get a broken exhaust stud out), Forged Rods, mahle bearing, new pistons, billet rear main seal. Summer tires going on soon, with some new suspensioney parts.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I have read that they are the same. I think 6 allowed per month? Or maybe it was per quarter? I only run lean a couple times a year where I need a transfer.

With Capital One I just log in like any bank account and can see all my accounts on the Summary page. You link whatever accounts you want with it (ie: checking from another company). Then like savings, just electronic transfer it over. Super easy. I changed my auto withdrawal from my savings to MM so all should be good now. If you are moving money out more than 6 times a month, it shouldn't be in a "savings" then. Even taking out 6 times a quarter is too much. Savings is to save. Like you said, out of sight, out of mind.

It used to have ING, but C-One bought them out about 3 years ago. The format has stayed the same though. Easy Peasy.

Yeah I might do it once a quarter? Christmas got tight... this month might be the first time this year I've had to do it, which is why it was on my mind... wife and kiddo both had birthdays last week. Well... then all the attorney bills dealing with wife's ex....

I'm back on track now otherwise, and trying to get ahead of the game to make up for the $$$ I had to burn paying the attorney. Still net positive on the overall deposit amount... just 50-100 bucks less than intended.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Should get my car back tomorrow from my cracked piston fiasco. Carbon cleaning, updated tensioner, new head(bc I fucked to old head up trying to get a broken exhaust stud out), Forged Rods, mahle bearing, new pistons, billet rear main seal. Summer tires going on soon, with some new suspensioney parts.

Lordy. What was the bill on all that?

riceburner

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
aw come on man, it's just a little swag for the air ride! haha.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Hard to say for sure, the pictures look pretty impressive IMO. Now sure, they may be a line between a classy upgrade and a cheesy one. Hard to know for me, but I like em and figured I'd share since a lot of people get the red/black 'mojo mats' lol.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Hard to say for sure, the pictures look pretty impressive IMO. Now sure, they may be a line between a classy upgrade and a cheesy one. Hard to know for me, but I like em and figured I'd share since a lot of people get the red/black 'mojo mats' lol.

maybe if you have leather seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.