GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

exhaust setup?

JISUN_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
APR DOWNPIPE

1. Stock Catback = Boring
2. Removed Resonator, Muffler delete= too loud( got ticket from HOA), too much drone(70+mph)
3. (current)Resonated + Muffler Delete = car sound weird(boring)

should i buy catback?(borla or Beluga) or is there other setup i can do?

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I love my APR DP with the Borla CBE. It sounds great with no drone.

CHerna

Ready to race!
This car, along with many others sound like garbage without a muffler. Get a nice sounding cat-back. My Eurojet TBE is 3", catless, resonated and sounds great. No drone at all.

Laimface

Ready to race!
I have 3" downpipe, Vibrant resonator and stock muffler. Sounds great!

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Highly recommend Borla. Makes me smile every time I drive the car. I'm catless so it's loud AF but it sounds soooo awesome :)

GtiDom25

Passed Driver's Ed
Billyboat 3inch full turbo back with a Resonator delete will give you the best sounding exhaust without a lot of drone. That's what I'm running right now, my friends with GTI's hate how good my car sounds compared to theirs. I have that exhaust set up with a neuspeed air intake, forge spacer, and a custom stage 2 tune. The Billy boat exhaust is pricey for but it's totally worth it.

pdan

Ready to race!
Running ECS tuning downpipe with a Neuspeed catback. I absolutely love it. Not too loud when cruising, however it really sounds great when you get on it. Again, I wouldn’t recommend it if you are looking for a more subtle setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paytrose

Ready to race!
You already have a DP, but I love the way the 42DD turbo back sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
I have 3" downpipe, Vibrant resonator and stock muffler. Sounds great!

Catted or catless downpipe?

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
Highly recommend Borla. Makes me smile every time I drive the car. I'm catless so it's loud AF but it sounds soooo awesome :)

Do you a a nice vid of I️t?

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

Laimface

Ready to race!
Catted or catless downpipe?

Scorpion Catless, made to order in the UK.

sonomajoe12

APR DOWNPIPE

1. Stock Catback = Boring

2. Removed Resonator, Muffler delete= too loud( got ticket from HOA), too much drone(70+mph)

3. (current)Resonated + Muffler Delete = car sound weird(boring)

should i buy catback?(borla or Beluga) or is there other setup i can do?

I’ve got the Borla cat back exhaust with Neuspeed p flo intake. Stock downpipe and COBB stage 1 tune. I think it’s an “adult” exhaust, in that it’s not racer-boy or super tinny, and it sounds like a beastly VW. It makes some nice burbles and occasional pops when warming up and driving around sometimes, even with a stock dp. I think the Borla sounds great. I’m also a big fan of the Billy-boat exhaust—that thing sounds like a tug-boat. I have a long and boring cold start video. I don’t think the intake or tune had been installed yet. https://youtu.be/q5mZIpCPUZI

kapoogle

Passed Driver's Ed