GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**335i vs. Stage 2**

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
This is a follow up of my planned race against a 2012 M Package 335i Convertible (Double Clutch Transmission)

We did a 30 roll, perfectly timed and everything, he stomped on it in Sport, I did in full manual mode @ 2nd gear.

It was a pretty even take off, but within a second or two he was behind me. I could see his full headlights in my right mirror so I probably had a car on him. It remained this way until about 90-100

So just so you stage 2'ers out there know, you can take a stock 335i without sweat. :thumbup:

I shifted at 6200 rpms each time, it felt great going into each gear.

fastgti69

M3 Eater
This is a follow up of my planned race against a 2012 M Package 335i Convertible (Double Clutch Transmission)

We did a 30 roll, perfectly timed and everything, he stomped on it in Sport, I did in full manual mode @ 2nd gear.

It was a pretty even take off, but within a second or two he was behind me. I could see his full headlights in my right mirror so I probably had a car on him. It remained this way until about 90-100

So just so you stage 2'ers out there know, you can take a stock 335i without sweat. :thumbup:

I shifted at 6200 rpms each time, it felt great going into each gear.

Convert is heavier than a regular coupe.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Hot Damn! Nice run!!

fastgti69

M3 Eater
That's why I said it was a convertible :happyanim:

I know, Just letting you know. You did state that any stage 2 gti could beat a stock 335i. Reminding you this was convertible and others outcome may be different. As when I raced a 335 coupe vs my stage 2 gti we were dead even till 100 when he started to creep ahead. Still, nice that a gti can keep up with one of those beasts.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
I know, Just letting you know. You did state that any stage 2 gti could beat a stock 335i. Reminding you this was convertible and others outcome may be different. As when I raced a 335 coupe vs my stage 2 gti we were dead even till 100 when he started to creep ahead. Still, nice that a gti can keep up with one of those beasts.

Ahh I gotcha. I suppose any race will depend on various extra mods, as I'm full bolt-ons, and another Stage 2 may only have a downpipe. But it sure does make me feel better about my little GTI that I conquered a beast :D (kinda..)

fastgti69

M3 Eater
Ahh I gotcha. I suppose any race will depend on various extra mods, as I'm full bolt-ons, and another Stage 2 may only have a downpipe. But it sure does make me feel better about my little GTI that I conquered a beast :D (kinda..)

Hell yea, and not too many of them are tuned/bolted. It's fun to fuck around with older men that have stock 335's and thing they're fast as shit lol.

Dybz

Banned
he has a 335i double clutch :iono:

no, he doesn't.

go on the bmw USA website. if you go to the regular 335i convertible it has their "steptronic" transmission as the only option. even with the M package. the steptronic is your every day automatic that has the option of being put into a manual shift mode. if you go to the 335is it has the "double clutch transmission" as the only option.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
no, he doesn't.

go on the bmw USA website. if you go to the regular 335i convertible it has their "steptronic" transmission as the only option. even with the M package. the steptronic is your every day automatic that has the option of being put into a manual shift mode. if you go to the 335is it has the "double clutch transmission" as the only option.

Truth. The 335is is the only non-M 3 series with a DCT.

You're sure it isn't a 335is convertible? The 335i coupe/vert with the M-sport package has the same body as a 335is.

fastgti69

M3 Eater
no, he doesn't.

Not true, my friend had it actually. A regular 335 sedan m package with dct. He totaled it. Just cause you can't build it does not mean you can't order it.